softaculous install of SMF in Cpanel?

Started by bigmo66, October 31, 2014, 07:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmo66

Just looking through all the stuff in Cpanel and one of the apps is instal SMF current version 2.0.9 - Can it be that easy? I am trying to upgrade from 1xxx but it's been so many years that I can't even remember where I extract the install to.

Bob La Londe

Well, you can install 2.0.9, and I recently used Softaculous on one of my sites to upgrade from 2.0.8 successfully (because I wanted to know if it would work), but I believe a conversion from 1.x to 2.0.x is a little more involved.  I think there is a database conversion that is necessary. 

bigmo66

Thanks, kind of figured as much. Gonna just upload the new files and do it that way.

Kindred

As noted in your other thread - you do not use the INSTALL archive. You need to use the UPGRADE archive.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

'course, once you upload the files, you can't just leave them there, or you WILL get a visit from Mr. Cockup...

HOW TO UPGRADE

You WILL backup EVERYTHING, before you attempt this, won't you? (Click my sig. to get info on doing that)

bigmo66

Thanks for all the help. Yes, I backup everything and more!

Advertisement: