Category order different when logged out.

Started by zeroSignal, November 01, 2014, 01:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeroSignal

Hello :)

I have a forum at http://forum.carclub.mk [nofollow], and I noticed a weird discrepancy. The order of the categories is different when I'm logged out, and in the correct order when I'm logged in. Any info?

Thanks!

Arantor

zeroSignal

phpMyAdmin reports 5.6.17.

I should note that when logged out, both the categories and the forums inside them are not in the correct order.

Arantor

Yeah, there's your problem. SMF 1.1.x does not work properly with MySQL 5.6 - nor will it be patched to. SMF 2.0.9 does, however.

zeroSignal

Strange. Can't figure out why they're in the correct order when I'm logged in though. Any ideas?

Arantor

Because of changes in MySQL 5.6 that mean the particular - slightly odd - query for the board index will not work properly.

It is not properly fixable in 1.1.x.

zeroSignal

I've been putting off upgrading for quite a while, but it looks like I'll have to do it. Interestingly enough, it differs between users too - for me the ordering is fine when I'm logged on, for other users it's not.

Arantor

Yes, it will be dependent on a variety of factors, not least the different access levels and the most recent post in each board.

Advertisement: