CCS server image banner embedment

Started by s0ap, November 03, 2014, 08:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s0ap

Hi all. I am new to web design. I downloaded and Installed SMF 2.0 on a new forum and configured it successfully. I changed the header image to my community logo and I have tweaked the forums and boards to my current liking. I would however, like to add an image banner of our Counter Strike Source server into the header. If someone could guide me to the proper instructions or help me out that would be awesome.

Here is our current layout and theme, i would like to add this banner into the header next to the GGC logo
ggcforums.com

Gwenwyfar

You should be able to add a second image on the header area by editing your index.template.php for the theme you're currently using for your forum.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

s0ap

i cant just throw the URL in there, to be more specific, where in the index.template.php file does the additional line for the image URL

ARG01

You could add another image just as the logo is applied. You can add something like this just under the logo code in index.template.php.

<div id="banner">
</div>

and CSS

#banner {
background: url(../images/theme/banner.png) no-repeat; float: right; display: block; width: 400px; height: 110px; }

You may have to play with the </div> as placement is important for specific location. Margins may be required in CSS for positioning.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Advertisement: