News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.20 Update appears to break Preview

Started by Cal O'Shaw, November 03, 2014, 11:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal O'Shaw

Hello,

We applied the 1.1.20 update and the preview does not work.  Writing a post and then clicking on Preview results in the message "Preview loading..." appearing and waiting forever.

Uninstalling the 1.1.20 update fixed the problem.

Anyone else see this?

Cal
(yes, I know we need to go to 2.0 but I can't allocate the hours needed this year)

Arantor

Yes, this is a known issue. Can't put my hands on the fix for it right now though :(

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Cal O'Shaw

Thanks!

Should I apply now, or will a revised 1.1.20 be issued?

I know it's a small fix (and I'll likely just do it) but one of the things I've always liked about SMF is the MOD/updating features that make messing up hard, and always give a way to quickly and easily back out a MOD or update.  If an updated 1.1.20 is coming out, I'd rather wait so the fix is properly tracked within SMF.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Cal

margarett

You should apply the fix. When/if a new version comes, that error will be fixed where still present, skipped otherwise ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

tdennis

I have the same problem with the "preview" function, it seems to have started when I upgraded to 1.1.20. I searched the database and found the above mention topic with the "fix" for the problem. I normally use Mozilla Firefox and the preview function would not work on that browser. After I put in the "fix" and using Firefox I still have the problem but when I switched over to Safari (the only other browser I have on my PC) it works fine. Problem is lots of members on my forum use Firefox.  Below is a copy of what my "Post.template.php" file looks like after placing the "fix". I still can not get the Preview Function to work with Mozilla Firefox 33.0.3.

Any help on what I might have done wrong would be appreciated.
Dennis
// !!! Currently not sending poll options and option checkboxes.
               var i, x = new Array();
               var textFields = ["subject", "message", "icon", "guestname", "email", "evtitle", "question", "topic", "sc"];
               var numericFields = [
                  "board", "topic", "num_replies",
                  "eventid", "calendar", "year", "month", "day",
                  "poll_max_votes", "poll_expire", "poll_change_vote", "poll_hide"
               ];
               var checkboxFields = [
                  "ns",
               ];

tdennis

I just fixed the preview problem by going in and modifying the Post.template.php file that is in the {forum root}/Themes/classic/Post.template.php rather than in the {forum root}/Themes/default/Post.template.php

I am dumb about this type of thing, I assume its because my forum is using a specially modified Theme rather than the default. Not sure, just know its fixed now.
Dennis

Kindred

you would have to modify it for any and all themes which used the 1.1.20 update
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: