News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

The real risks of the iframe

Started by Yojin_Spajin, November 04, 2014, 02:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

I don't know what you're doing wrong then, because I still see no need for an iframe with the described situation.

Burke ♞ Knight

Well, I try every way of doing an include, and yet it will not show.
Use iframe, and it shows.
Maybe it's how the script was coded, maybe it's something with the portal blocks.... Unknown right now.

EDIT:

Must be the portal block... Guess you can't do an include in a block.

Kindred

Of course you can...   I do it all the time.

You just have to use a php block instead of an html block
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

Gee, why did I not think of that... Oh, wait, I did... LOL

That was what I was trying to use, and actually was about to try the HTML....lol

Arantor

So include the script's content directly into the PHP block?

Kindred

well, like I said --   i built an RSS display parser script and just did an include in a portal block...   I also used an external script to do a gallery rotation out of AEVA....

So... using an include should work just fine.
(unless the php script you are including tries to build itself as a stand-alone page?  in which case, I would say modify it, or get a better script)

--edit -- or do what Arantor just suggested
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

That is an idea, but that would mean multiple places to edit the rotator when have to...
However, I'd like to know why it wont display in the block....

I've tried various ways to do an include, and the block just shows as empty.

Arantor

So some code I can't see doesn't work with a generic error with absolutely no symptoms other than 'doesn't work'?

Burke ♞ Knight

It would seem that there was an issue with having code before the include. I removed it, and now it'll show...

Problem is, I need it into a table in a block.
But, it wont show, if I try that...

Arantor

So again... code I can't see with symptoms I can't see...

Burke ♞ Knight

I'm willing to show you the code, but in PM, not public...
As for results, it is not showing if there's more code than just the include.
Yes, I do believe it is due to my not setting it up right, as the original was an HTML block, and not a php block.

Burke ♞ Knight

EDITED:

Never mind in the table.
Since I'm also changing things to make for better looks on smaller screens, I have moved the donate part to a side block, and will have the ad by itself in the block.

ExSpirit

I would like to use iframe on one of my pages with other domain, but all I get if white page. I understand it's because of security, but what I would like to know is, if there's any way I can allow using iframe to specific IP/website only? I must show forum from inside of my website, not as separate page (and I must use 2 domains).

Kindred

Even aside from security issues, there are potential session issues when trying to run a script that needs sessions in an iframe from a separate domain.
Слaва
Украинi

ExSpirit

So it's better just not to use forum in iframe? There's no workaround for "trusted websites"?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: