Ability To Install 2 Boards

Started by mitek, November 04, 2014, 04:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitek

Is it possible to install 2 instances of smf, one for the live production site with MySQL database1 located at www.whatever.com and a second board located at archives.whatever.com using MySQL database2, and if so are there any issues in doing this?

Basically I want to create an archived board running within a sub domain with another new board running within the main domain using 2 separate databases. The archived board would be locked read only, and of course the main board would be the live production system.

I would like to know if anyone has done this and if so were there any problems?

Thanks.

Mitek
KCF Private Forum

Kindred

if the systems are using two different databases and two different installations of the software, then there is no issue what-so-ever...

unless you intend to share posts between the forums... in which case, you are asking for something much more complicated and should possibly look into the split forum mod or PMX subforums.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mitek

Thanks for the info. We wont be splitting or accessing posts at all, simply 2 boards. Thats all I needed to know.  Thanks for the help.

Mitek
KCF Private Forum

Kindred

Ok.. :)

I have a single site wth 12 installations of smf in different directories and different subdomains.... No issues at all.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: