SMF expert needed for repair job -- UPDATE!

Started by jlavik, November 05, 2014, 03:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlavik

I installed SMF on a friend's website several years ago. It was my first and only time using it. Our troubles started a couple years back when a critical update came along and I was unable to get it installed. But the forum still worked until a couple of months ago, when he started getting the following error message via email:

SMF Database Error!
To:
Cc:

There has been a problem with the database!

This is a notice email to let you know that SMF could not connect to the database, contact your host if this continues.

I can't even remember how to log into the thing, so I've been no help at all. I did manage to confirm that the database still exists. I thought it might have something to do with his account password changing, so I changed the database password as well, but of course that did nothing (good).

He needs someone who can get his forum upgraded and working again. I'm not sure how much he's willing to pay for it. If this is something you can fix, email him and tell him how much you'd charge to do it. His email address is ....

Thanks!

*****I just discovered that his web hosting company resolved the error message and it's working again. However, it still needs to be upgraded. *****

I've taken out the e-mail addresses to stop both of them from being swamped by spam - Iris.

LiroyvH

You can upgrade it using the upgrade packages on our Downloads page.
Or through the Package Manager by installing the patches one by one, it will keep offering them until you're fully up to date.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Advertisement: