In-house Credit System!

Started by Cylent1, November 05, 2014, 11:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cylent1

This would be the most important feature ever!

In-house Credit System!

What it should do:
1: add a credit to a member who uploads or links to a attachment in certain boards.
2: deduct a credit from a member that replies to a topic in certain boards.
3: deny a member with less than set amount of credits from entering certain boards.
4: have admin options over all credit amounts in settings menu.
5: have admin options to add or subtract credits from members.
6: admin options to give credits as gift for different set events. (registering, birthday, member anniversary, ect.)

PLEASE! if anybody can do it, The SMF team can...

JBlaze

This would be more suited to Mod Requests since a credit system is a very niche feature and not suited to being included in the base package.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Cylent1

Is it possible for a mod to movet this topic to mod request section please?
if not I will start another there!

JBlaze

Yes, when a mod comes along, they will be able to move it for you.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

margarett

The most important feature ever is *highly* debatable :P

You can try one of the Shop mods. I don't think any of those includes all the features you seek but maybe its authors can consider an expansion.

What you're asking, considering board access and whatnot, it's *far* more difficult than you probably imagine...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Cylent1

Quote from: margarett on November 06, 2014, 06:23:54 AM
The most important feature ever is *highly* debatable :P

You can try one of the Shop mods. I don't think any of those includes all the features you seek but maybe its authors can consider an expansion.

What you're asking, considering board access and whatnot, it's *far* more difficult than you probably imagine...

Yeah, I have SMFShop installed, but it doesn't have nearly all the features I need for my forum.
I havn't tried SA shop mainly because I read it did not have what features I needed apart from SMFShop!
I ran across the newest mod (Toyshop), but I'm hesitant on trying that...

margarett

The shop mods are more focused in items (like the name suggests :P ) yet they already include the base features of credits per posts, etc. It still needs expansion to include your requests. That's why I suggested you to contact its author ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DSystem

Managed to do what Jawa using primarily two mods SA SHOP and Karma Description Mod

I have several areas of the Forum that are closed and are released only with positive karma. This encourages users to participate actively to get credits to gain access in these closed areas.

Today to make this work and have better control using the following mods:

Karma Description Mod-> Used moderation monitor and some good additional features in the karma system
AutoAward-> Promoting members with medals based on the number of positive karma
SA Shop-> each karma acquired credits are generated so that the user can buy access in restricted areas of the Forum
View Only Boards-> Used so that the members and see where they don't have access yet.

Cylent1

Quote from: DSystem on November 06, 2014, 07:52:36 PM
Managed to do what Jawa using primarily two mods SA SHOP and Karma Description Mod

I have several areas of the Forum that are closed and are released only with positive karma. This encourages users to participate actively to get credits to gain access in these closed areas.

Today to make this work and have better control using the following mods:

Karma Description Mod-> Used moderation monitor and some good additional features in the karma system
AutoAward-> Promoting members with medals based on the number of positive karma
SA Shop-> each karma acquired credits are generated so that the user can buy access in restricted areas of the Forum
View Only Boards-> Used so that the members and see where they don't have access yet.

WOW! awesome response, will check this out. And THANX SO MUCH for the tips...
Oh yeah, I almost forgot to ask but are you using the built in karma system or a 3rd party?
Also, do you have all this running on v.2.0.9?

Cylent1

I like the new options in some of these mods but, I need something to stop a member with less than a certain amount of points/credits/ect from entering the topic.  You know of something like that?

Arantor

Given the number of places topic information can be visible (recent posts, search, RSS, SSI, profile > show posts)... good luck with that.

Cylent1

Quote from: Arantor on November 07, 2014, 02:18:08 AM
Given the number of places topic information can be visible (recent posts, search, RSS, SSI, profile > show posts)... good luck with that.
I now it is not impossible, nor improbable.  I am a member of a certain site that utilizes that feature quite well.
Although the site I am talking about is a vBulletin site, I would figure that it would be possible to adapt for smf.

Arantor

Sorry but you're wrong. It is much more improbable with SMF than it is with vBulletin because SMF does not implement per-topic privacy the way vBulletin does (and is *much* faster for it)

Possible, yes. Ridiculously difficult, fragile, and unreliable, yes.

DSystem

Cylent1 , I noticed that you still don't get it how did it work. This mod shop has a thousand and one uses is a real Swiss army knife. Just think a little bit and adapt to your need.

In my case, every positive karma gain is added ten credits for the Member.

To do this I made the following change in the /source/Karma.php

Before
// Change by one.
updateMemberData($_REQUEST['uid'], array($dir == 1 ? 'karma_good' : 'karma_bad' => '+'));

After
// Change by one.
updateMemberData($_REQUEST['uid'], array($dir == 1 ? 'karma_good' : 'karma_bad' => '+'));
        if ($dir == 1) {
        $request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', "
        UPDATE {$db_prefix}members
        SET cash = cash + 10
        WHERE id_member=".$_REQUEST['uid']."
        "); }
        else {
        $request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', "
        UPDATE {$db_prefix}members
        SET cash = cash - 10
        WHERE id_member=".$_REQUEST['uid']."
        ");

Note that we can add custom items for sale in the shop. Added two items)
Membergroup2 By NeQo and Chage Membergroup by Daniel15 (attached)

With these two items, all members can buy access in restricted boards. Note: Members will be added in groups that have access to certain restricted areas.

Reminded that this mod Shop was developed by a 15-year-old boy (Daniel15) that left its development to other developers of SMF (Diego Andrés, SMFHacks, SA ™)

Some links that I used in the research about this mod:
Daniel15 's initial project forum-> http://smfshop.com/forum/
Diego Andrés support forum -> http://smftricks.com/index.php?topic=435.0 and http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=317308.0
SMFHacks -> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=22396.0

About using the mod Karma Description Mod:
This mod I use to have better control over the system of kama of SMF. Some skewers create fakes in the Forum in order to generate credits.
With this we can easily indedificar trading of karma and the fakes in the Forum.

Since I'm not good at PHP was the solution I found. But if any developer to create a mod to this end, will surely have many customers.

I leave this link how do I explain to new user of how everything works. This may clarify some doubts.
http://eletronicabr.com/novidades-e-avisos/3/for-international-users-important-read-this/24603/
http://eletronicabr.com/novidades-e-avisos/3/conheca-o-novo-sistema-de-creditos-do-eletronicabr/180/
http://eletronicabr.com/novidades-e-avisos/3/perguntas-duvidas-frequentes-link-unico-para-o-chat/34163/

Advertisement: