News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Require approval for specific words...

Started by Jade Elizabeth, November 06, 2014, 08:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

So other forum softwares have a feature that allows you to set a few "disallowed words" type things, that when entered into a post, will force the post to require moderation.

I would really like that, even if it's just a field I enter regex into like with profile fields.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

margarett

Well, SMF has word censor that replaces bad words with your mask.
I have a mod that blocks the post from being submitted if a censored word is detected.

is that enough? Or do you want to unapprove the post of censored words are detected?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

Unapprove if certain words are detected, and perhaps a subset of the censored words list, or even a different list by the sounds of it.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: margarett on November 06, 2014, 09:18:26 AM
Well, SMF has word censor that replaces bad words with your mask.
I have a mod that blocks the post from being submitted if a censored word is detected.

is that enough? Or do you want to unapprove the post of censored words are detected?

No. Censored words are optional and won't work in this case, the whole post needs to be put into approval queue :).

Quote from: Arantor on November 06, 2014, 12:31:14 PM
Unapprove if certain words are detected, and perhaps a subset of the censored words list, or even a different list by the sounds of it.

Yes :D.

Like I said I am fine with a field for regex, I already got it for my invited by field.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Jade Elizabeth

dougiefresh

Try the Advanced Censor mod.  I think it has what you're looking for.....

Jade Elizabeth

Advertisement: