News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Preview] IPB4 Inspired theme for SMF2.1 (and possibly 2.0)

Started by shadow82x, November 07, 2014, 03:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow82x

I've been messing around with the templates in SMF2.1 a bit and casually began creating a template influenced from IPB4. This theme is in the really early stages and I probably won't release it until 2.1 hits the RC stage. Why? Well there will be a number of code changes in 2.1 as it progresses through the betas, so it will be a royal pain to update it after each beta. :P So far, I've only got the header and footer complete so there is a loooot more work to do.

What's planned?
- Convert the text for "alerts" and "my messages" into facebook-like icons
- Option to use a fixed menu (I don't prefer this but I know some people like it since facebook does it)
- Multi-color support accessible through an on screen selector
- Light theme followed by a dark colored theme
- Footer will be multi column allowing with options in the admin cp will allow you to customize it
- Member avatars will be displayed on board index, message index, memberlist, and PM area
- Complete redesign of display.template/topic index
-- The option to like posts will be an icon entirely
- Redesigned linktree
- A version will be released SMF2.0 will be released as well

Disclaimer: No css, images, or code was or will taken from IPB with the creation of this theme. The theme is just influenced from their design.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Antes

Nice looking, but tbh after you start playing with SMF 2.1, I'm 90% sure you don't want to backport it :P

shadow82x

Quote from: Antes on November 07, 2014, 10:48:46 AM
Nice looking, but tbh after you start playing with SMF 2.1, I'm 90% sure you don't want to backport it :P
You might be right about that. Heh. :P
Colin B

live627

shadow82x

Thank you, I might change around the header a bit more. The screenshot below is from a HTML5/CSS3 website I designed for a college, and I might aim for something similar to that. (Besides I already have the code done for it, so why not?)

Also, the header/menu is fixed and transparent.
Colin B

Advertisement: