Profile Image Issues

Started by Dragon41673, November 07, 2014, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon41673

I have a user, who's profile image shows up on Google Chrome...but when he uses Internet Explorer 11...his profile image doesn't show...just a small box with an X in it.

I checked myself, and he is right, on Google Chrome I can see it, but on Internet Explorer 11...it's not there, replaced by a small box with an X in it. I've checked the back-end and the image is there, and is not corrupt. So...what could the issue be?

Thank you
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Arantor

Dragon41673

When the forum was just installed. They were a select few that were part of the test crew.

Arantor

What's the URL of the avatar in question?

Dragon41673

Arantor

The forum is off limits to guests, can't see what's going on.

Dragon41673

Yes, we have it setup that way as to avoid some spammers. Feel free to make an account & let me know the user name, I can delete it later if necessary.

Arantor

*shrug* Sorry, but no, I'm not going to create an account. If you'd like help troubleshooting please either create an account yourself or make it available to guests. I have had enough spam over the years with my doing that and people claiming they would remove the guest account before and then not doing so.

Dragon41673

No problem, I completely understand...I'll make an account & shoot over the details later via PM.

Thank you!

Kindred

Wait... How does preventing guests from READING avoid spammers? ???
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dragon41673

Long story, it's a carryover from the forums I replaced using SMF. I know it doesn't now, and I can change the settings to allow guests to view, but I like it like this.

Kindred

You do realize that Google and other search engines can not catalog your site if guests can not view?

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dragon41673

Yes, I did know that, but the forums were originally designed for registered members only with no guest access either. I'm ok with that...the forums were an afterthought when creating my website which was the main concern at the time. That's fully cataloged by search engines.

Deaks

Dragon41673, do you still need help with this? as you havent bumped this in a month I will mark it as solved for now.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Dragon41673

Yes I do...I sent Kindred a PM but never heard back.

I'll PM you the info if you're able to look in to it.

Thanks

Kindred

sorry... this time of year is crazy busy. I have about 5 PMs that I have to respond to at some point soon...
Слaва
Украинi

Deaks

I wouldnt advise sending me a pm it will go straight into the bin ... get too many asking for support so i just bin them sorry
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Dragon41673

Ok...thanks for checking though Runic!

Kindred...I'll send another PM over to you as I just changed the password since I never heard back.

Kindred

Actually  Runic, in this case, I actually had asked Dragon to do so. :)  but things between Turkey day and now have been busy.
Слaва
Украинi

Deaks

Kindred, read his post below my asking if he still needs help, sentence after he said you never got back to him. :P

Dragon, Kindred will help you may take some time (hes getting old) but he will :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: