Profile Image Issues

Started by Dragon41673, November 07, 2014, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon41673

It's alright...I appreciate any help I can get. Even with this delay, the support here has been a hundred fold better than the support I ever got on Kunena Forums support, which was the main reason I dumped that forum software.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Kindred

oops...  it's getting late. :D
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deaks

Quote from: Dragon41673 on December 19, 2014, 10:25:55 PM
It's alright...I appreciate any help I can get. Even with this delay, the support here has been a hundred fold better than the support I ever got on Kunena Forums support, which was the main reason I dumped that forum software.

Yeh SMF does have best support one reason why I never moved since 2005

Quote from: Kindred on December 19, 2014, 10:26:04 PM
oops...  it's getting late. :D

Do you remember the time difference for me and you? :P
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kindred

yup... but you are young and bouncy...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deaks

not sure about bouncy ... more boring these days
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Bruce the Shark

Has this issue been resolved?
Have you tired the following
https://support.google.com/toolbar/answer/9245?hl=en
Also have you tried to setup an account with Google plus and have the image there.
I know for a fact you need to allow the permission set on Google for some image to display correctly.
Also have you tried setting up the image elsewhere like picassa or photo bucket?
It might show up with these sites.
I would clear the cache out and re set internet explorer again.
i would think you have add on disabled for this to happen.

Deaks

Bruce please read the responses again, this has not been solved but Kindred is working on it for him, also your suggestions would not fix the problem.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Dragon41673

Quote from: Bruce the Shark on December 20, 2014, 04:09:23 AM
Has this issue been resolved?
Have you tired the following
https://support.google.com/toolbar/answer/9245?hl=en
Also have you tried to setup an account with Google plus and have the image there.
I know for a fact you need to allow the permission set on Google for some image to display correctly.
Also have you tried setting up the image elsewhere like picassa or photo bucket?
It might show up with these sites.
I would clear the cache out and re set internet explorer again.
i would think you have add on disabled for this to happen.

Shark, the issue is not with Google, it's with Internet Explorer. In Google Chrome, ALL images show just fine. In Internet Explorer, some profile images such as the one in this case, don't show properly. They simply show as a small box with an X in it.

All of the images are stored locally within SMF files as it is an uploaded Avatar.

Dragon41673

Kindred...any word on this? It is still unresolved.

Arantor

The point I was originally trying to get to was whether they were old avatars or not, and whether the server actually had the proper identification on them or not, since newer uploaded avatars should have the proper identification for them.

And failing that, you can comment out this line in index.php:
header('X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff');

Dragon41673

Thanks Arantor. I don't know why, but I'll chalk it up to being hosted by GoDaddy since it seems my issues with them are endless. I had tried this before (3 times), but it didn't work...yet today when I re-uploaded the same avatar...guess what is now showing!

Marking this solved.

Kindred

geez, man.. I am sorry.

I a getting too old... lol.  I completely forgot about this.
I got hit with a bunch of PMs and it went to my second page.

I am embarrassed
:-[
Слaва
Украинi

Dragon41673

It's alright...as long as I got it fixed, I'm thankful. It was a minor annoyance issue, but I do appreciate your efforts. Thank you

Advertisement: