How to create right sidebar and move info center from bottom to sidebar

Started by MileMijatovic, November 09, 2014, 02:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileMijatovic

hello, I need help how to create right sidebar on my smf forum (picture in attachment - red rectangle) and move info center (forum stats and user online) from bottom to that sidebar. Please help me how to do that

Shambles

Have you considered installing a portal? Easy to put the required info in a "portal block" at the right hand side.

MileMijatovic

kat

That, I believe, would be a BIG job.

Installing, say, Simple Portal, to do it all for you, is WAAAAY easier. :)

MileMijatovic

Ok, I installed Simple Portal 2.3.6. - Admin - Package manager - Upload a package - install mod, but whats happened then. As usual I have Home, Forum, Help, Search, Login, Register in dropmenu bar. When I click at Home button Portal is applied just there left and right of the page, and nowhere else. I don't need this. When someone come to the forum, they should see portal just at right side so I need it in Forum tab and just at right side of the page

kat

Have you looked at the portal's configuration?

Have a play with "Portal mode".

You can get more help on their dedicated site:

http://simpleportal.net

Antechinus

Quote from: MileMijatovic on November 09, 2014, 03:31:37 PM
ok, thanks for sugestion but I much appreciate code

It's easy to do if you only want the info centre showing at the right on the board index page. I can give you code for that.

If you want it on every page, use a portal. The reason is that getting it on every page requires substantial edits to Sources, as well as templates and CSS edits, so you might as well take the easy option and use a portal which does it anyway. :)

Advertisement: