News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Register mod for multiple forums/domain

Started by xeon365, November 10, 2014, 10:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xeon365

Anyone got code to share for such a thing?

Like if the user registers at <domain1 forum> the code checks the forum at <domain2> aswel to see if username/email has been used already there?.. if its all good, then the account is created at both websites in seperate database.

Doesn't even need the check really (all forums would start with the same member table), just need a way to register a new account on multiple smf forums that are on different domain names.

Anyone got something like that?

Trying to bridge all smf forum communities under one network starting with just making 1 smf forum database the main version, and copying all the member tables to other smf forums so they are all in sync to start off with, but still need a way to have valid registrations get synced.

Kindred

there are two mods that allow a single installation of smf across multiple domains and subdomains (so long as they are all on the same server)

I don't know of any ACTIVE mods or bridges to link multiple SMF installations.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

xeon365

well then, this is going to take some time to do then

Chas Large

Quote from: xeon365 on November 10, 2014, 05:34:15 PM
well then, this is going to take some time to do then
You could always put in a mod request ;D
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

xeon365

eh i just do it myself i gave up on requesting mods year ago

now i'm using the rest 2.0 api that is stickied.. so far i have registration working so it checks if the username is already in use on the forum they are registering on and the remote one after typing in the username box, and when actually registering if no errors with duplicate user/email, on either site,  it goes through and registers the account on both.

ofc now I just have to also get the change password stuff and anything else also synced.

Advertisement: