News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

"action=forum was not found on this server"

Started by johan7804, November 11, 2014, 03:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johan7804

Every time someone is logged in on the site and get logged out they are sent back to the login form. When enetering login details, the following is shown;

http://domain.com/action=forum

Not Found

The requested URL /action=forum was not found on this server.

I downloaded the repair_settings.php and ran it successfully. But now the error is back.

What is this and how do I fix it? It only happens when you get logged out by the timer.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

johan7804

johan7804

I tried to change the forum path from hxxp:domain.com to hxxp:domain.com/index.php? to let SMF add the action=forum, but what happened is that the path becomes hxxp:domain.com/index.php/index.php?action=forum... Double index.php? The first index.php wasn't there in the first place! Where did it come from?

margarett

The forum url must not include index.php!

You probably apllied some SEO mod's or tricks to remove index.php

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

johan7804

Quote from: margarett on November 12, 2014, 03:26:46 AM
The forum url must not include index.php!

You probably apllied some SEO mod's or tricks to remove index.php

Have done some digging around and no, I haven't installed any mods to interfere with the path or even touched the settings in that way.

Sure I have a few mods installed, but nothing in that way.

I have ran repair-settings.php a few times and everythink LOOKS fine, but it's hard to say when I don't know where that /index.php belongs. I also searched old threads but nothing came up that looked like a solution...

The mods I have are

SimplePortal 2.3.6
Tapatalk SMF 2.0 Plugin 4.1.1
YouTube BBCode 2.6
Admin Notepad 2.0.2
Member Notepad 1.0.1
Order Custom Profile Fields 1.1.1

Sure, not all of them that essential, but they sure are fun :)

And I do recall that the website has behaved like this from like almost the very beginning.

Please, do advise :)

margarett

Dunno, sorry.

There are some tricks to remove index.php (which are not MODs), maybe you used such a thing?

I would suggest you to install a new SMF instance: other database, other folder in your server and check the behavior.

kat

Suspicion: Something went awry, when you installed Simple Portal.

johan7804

Hmm, ok that is a good suggestion. I will make a new, separate installation and take note of the settings before and after I install SimplePortal.

kat

johan7804

Well, I installed a fresh version of SMF on a test server, and the paths are "identical" (the test server has a different domain name). There is no mention in the Paths & URLs of index.php anywhere on the newly installed server. So none of the original Paths & URLs have been modified by any of the mods it would seem.

kat

To clarify...

Without the portal, the homepage, here, would be http://www.simplemachines.org (If it was installed, here, which it ain't). That would take you to the portal.

The URL to the actual forum would be:

http://www.simplemachines.org/index.php?action=forum

The changes to Subs.php reflect this, as...

'home' => array(
'title' => $txt['home'],
'href' => $scripturl,
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
'is_last' => $context['right_to_left'],
),

...gets changed to this...

'home' => array(
'title' => $txt['home'],
'href' => $modSettings['sp_portal_mode'] == 3 && empty($context['disable_sp']) ? $modSettings['sp_standalone_url'] : $scripturl,
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
'is_last' => $context['right_to_left'],
),
'forum' => array(
'title' => empty($txt['sp-forum']) ? 'Forum' : $txt['sp-forum'],
'href' => $scripturl . ($modSettings['sp_portal_mode'] == 1 && empty($context['disable_sp']) ? '?action=forum' : ''),
'show' => in_array($modSettings['sp_portal_mode'], array(1, 3)) && empty($context['disable_sp']),
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

Now, then... One would assume that everything worked as it ought to. Then, this thing started manifesting itself. The question has to be asked... What was done, between everything being as it ought to be, then not?

johan7804

Quote from: K@ on December 04, 2014, 06:18:54 AM
To clarify...

Without the portal, the homepage, here, would be http://www.simplemachines.org (If it was installed, here, which it ain't). That would take you to the portal.

The URL to the actual forum would be:

http://www.simplemachines.org/index.php?action=forum

Now, then... One would assume that everything worked as it ought to. Then, this thing started manifesting itself. The question has to be asked... What was done, between everything being as it ought to be, then not?

Oh, I see. That makes sense. Well, to be honest I would say with 97% certainty that this problem appeared after the SimplePortal was installed. Also, a separate problem with persistent logins appeared, but that is another story...)

I'll go ahead and install the SimplePortal mod on the test domain to see if the problem appears there, both with random logouts and error in forum login redirect...

Thx a million so far!!!!

johan7804

Ok, so it took some testing but the problem appears after installing the SimplePortal mod. Definetly. On the test domain there is nothing but the SMF forums and the newly installed SimplePortal, and problems appeared this morning.

That's also why we did not notice the problems on the original forums initially, because we did not install the portal from the start.

It also seems that the persistent login function, or even the logged in for X minutes function, stopped working as the portal was installed.

I was thinking of the above code line

'href' => $scripturl . ($modSettings['sp_portal_mode'] == 1 && empty($context['disable_sp']) ? '?action=forum' : ''),

Would it be incorrect to insert a index.php in that line, so it becomes

'href' => $scripturl . ($modSettings['sp_portal_mode'] == 1 && empty($context['disable_sp']) ? 'index.php?action=forum' : ''),

instead? Or is that improper repairs made? Because the code line itself seem to leave index.php out...

Kindred

I believe that scripturl is defined to include index.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Yes siree! :)

QueryString.php
// Makes it easier to refer to things this way.
$scripturl = $boardurl . '/index.php';

johan7804

Quote from: Kindred on December 05, 2014, 07:54:59 AM
I believe that scripturl is defined to include index.php

Yeah, I thought the exact same thing, but for some reason index.php is lost along the way somewhere... :(

Arantor

johan7804

Quote from: Arantor on December 05, 2014, 08:24:59 PM
Link to site?

Well, this is odd... Turned out there was an network issue here at work and that the test forums works just fine with SMF and SimplePortal... So the error with action=forum and logouts has not been resolved... :( :( :( :(

www.legione.se is the non working one in production...

www.bennerheim.se/smftest is the test domain that actually works as it should. Will continue to install mods to see if it changes anything...

Advertisement: