News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Visible content after thanking

Started by jsx, November 12, 2014, 01:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

Is it modification to SMF 2.0x which enable to hide a text for users? I mean that the user can't see a content but to can see a content have to click to thanking button or something like this and then text will be visible for him.

ARG01

Why would anyone want to thank someone before seeing content? It just don't seem logical.  I mean, is your final objective to turn members away? ???
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

margarett

This applies:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=529782.msg3760977#msg3760977

Look for a "hide" BBC MOD. Some hide the content until the member posts in that topic.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Steve

Or is the OP simply looking for a spoiler tag?
DO NOT pm me for support!

jsx

@SimpMode

Because I have many materials on forum and people don't speaking at all on these topic, they read it and nothing, even don't want to thank for the huge work. Therefore thanking through the click into the button would be proper. I just want to hide a some articles, not a other texts on the forum.

@Steve

I'm don't looking a spoiler tag, I need a modification which enable hide a given text and a the visibility of the text will be available after thanks, I mean after click into the thanking button or something like that.

Arantor

Except it will devalue the meaning of the thanks.

Seriously, I have seen this before. All it teaches people to do is click the button to get the content. Just like "reply to see this content" encourages people to write one word or one line posts to get the content.

Steve

Arantor has a good point. Sadly, it's just the way people are.
DO NOT pm me for support!

jsx

Possible, I just need something like that, because people aren't grateful for delivered materials, generally speaking aren't giving their opinion to the subject in which they are actually interested, I won't be say that they don't write post with thanking for material above which somebody work hard. And these who will clicking in thanking button, then would be known who read this material.

margarett

Well, you need this
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=228 (too old, probably won't work anymore)
Or check ADK Team's site, they have a Hide Tag Special that does what you want (they removed their MODs from here)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

jsx

Modification doesn't work. Site of ADK team isn't exist.

Advertisement: