News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Email notifications not working SM 1.1.20

Started by Colonel Blood, November 13, 2014, 08:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Blood

Hi,

I'm an admin on a SMF Forum which has for a long time now not been sending out email notifications when members post in a thread. We've had moans about it from members but the guy who owns the forum and usually does all the nuts and bolts maintenance is no longer a regular poster and his last message was he didn't know what the problem was.

I know next to nothing about how to maintain the forum but I'm trying to find out what the issue is as we're losing members in part due to this issue.

We're running SMF 1.1.20 Here's the site hxxp:pbphouse.com/forum/index.php [nonactive]

Anyone got any ideas what might be the issue?

Colonel Blood

Thanks for the welcome.

Apologies for what might seem an unnecessary new thread.

I did do a search and looked through a few replies before posting but none of them seemed to be exactly specific to my situation.

kat

That's OK, mate! Have a look at some of those and see if anything works. I just showed you those, or we'd have to go through loads of things, again.

Who's your host? Some, like NoDaddy, are notorious for things, like that.

Colonel Blood

It is indeed Godaddy as I saw on one of your links actually.

So basically it's change host or the problem will remain?

If that's the case at least my conscience is clear that there's nothing I can do about it!

kat

Ah. Well, you could try asking them, about it.

I wouldn't hold your breath, though. :(

gjf7

Hi

I have the same problem and do not get moderation posts.

My forum is hosted by OLI

Any ideas?

Graham

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: