Software to submit same post to multipe forums???

Started by rexall9000, November 15, 2014, 11:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rexall9000

Sun 16 Nov 2014, 11:52 am

Hi All,

Sorry, I am not sure what the best area is to post this question. 

I am not tech-savvy, but I have four SMF forums, three of which have overlapping categories.  Sometimes a post will be applicable to all of them, and it would be nice to submit to all of them at the same time.  Is that possible?  Is there software that can do it?

Thanks for your help.

Arantor

Beyond opening all three in your browser and copy/pasting the post?

Seems like an awful lot of work for what seems like a fairly niche need...

Kindred

definitely a niche need..   that niche (outside of this individual user) being spammers.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Colin

Are you envisioning a client-side tool such as a browser extension which does this or a server-side script being called by a cron to pull the posts from the one forum?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

rexall9000

Thu 20 Nov 2014, 10:01 am

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your reply.

Too technical for me.  I have several forums.  Often the same post would be relevant on all or some of them.  I would like to be able to post post the same content to multiple forums.  It's not a big deal but posting the same content four times can take 30 min which I could put to better use doing something else.

Advertisement: