News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Question regarding size of logo on SMF

Started by UkrainianNinja, November 16, 2014, 02:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UkrainianNinja

Hello friends. I am a complete newbie when it comes to SMF and this forum.
I have been reading about how to change the logo of my SMF, and I believe I have found the correct place to change the logo, but it doesn't mention anywhere what size the logo can be or has to be. I apologize if this topic has been beaten to death, I have tried searching the forum, but I haven't had success. So...can someone tell me what size the logo has to be?

Thank you

Gwenwyfar

There are no limitations to the logo size. Just choose whatever you think works best for your forum.

And you know, changing an image or a piece of text isn't going to break your forum, just go testing with the admin options, just don't mess with the server/database ones and you'll be fine ;)
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

UkrainianNinja

Quote from: Fortytwo on November 16, 2014, 07:22:36 PM
There are no limitations to the logo size. Just choose whatever you think works best for your forum.

And you know, changing an image or a piece of text isn't going to break your forum, just go testing with the admin options, just don't mess with the server/database ones and you'll be fine ;)

Thank you Fortytwo, I appreciate it.

Kindred

Well, actually, depending on the theme that you use, there may be limitations on the logo size...

Many themes have a specific area size defined for the logo in order to not screw up the display if the logo is too large.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gwenwyfar

If you put an image too big on default you could screw that up, too, it still doesn't stop you from doing it :P

Or they really bothered with making an actual limitation in that you can't add the image?

Kindred

you can ADD the image...   but it might be cut off or misshapen, depending on what the theme did for the logo space coding
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gwenwyfar

Well that's exactly what I meant with "no limitations" and "add what works best" then ;)

Advertisement: