News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Hi Everybody!

Started by handlebot, October 13, 2005, 07:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handlebot

My host upgraded their service and an unforseen error occured where all my data was wiped out. Luckily I had a forum_data.sql backup so I thought I would download the latest version of smf and then do the ol' mysql -u user -p -D db < forum_data.sql. Instead, I get this error "Table 'forum.smf_attachments' doesn't exist". The backup was made from the first official release of SMF, I believe it was 1.0.5.

Any one willing to help a frail old man?

forsakenlad

Are you trying to use a backup of a 1.0.5 database with 1.1? If so you will first have to upgrade your database to the latest version using the upgrade.php, which can be found in the 1.1 RC1 Upgrade Package ;)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

handlebot

Quote from: forsakenlad on October 13, 2005, 07:24:33 PM
Are you trying to use a backup of a 1.0.5 database with 1.1? If so you will first have to upgrade your database to the latest version using the upgrade.php, which can be found in the 1.1 RC1 Upgrade Package ;)

Thank you for responding, I really appreciate it! So you mean I should install SMF 1.0.5 , inject the sql backup data, then do the upgrade? BTW, I believe my backup is of a much later release, I'm afraid. I think it may be 1.0.1, is there a way to tell what version it may be as well? Thank you once again!

forsakenlad

No I mean install, 1.1 RC1 then restore the SQL data then upload and run the upgrade.php file ;)

handlebot

Quote from: forsakenlad on October 13, 2005, 07:31:51 PM
No I mean install, 1.1 RC1 then restore the SQL data then upload and run the upgrade.php file ;)

ahh, but the problem is, I get this error while logged in from the shell, I am not using phpMyAdmin, I just type this after I've done a fresh install:

----
$ mysql -u forum -p -D forumdb < forum_backup.sql
password:

Error at Line 13: Table "forum.db_attachments" doesn't exist.
----

I'm not sure if the data is injected when I do this. Thank you thank you for your guidance!

handlebot

okay, what I've done and I got a different error:

downloaded and installed smf 1.1. RC1 fine, now I ssh into my server and run the following command

[root@server ~]# mysql -u forum -p -D forum < forum-data_2005-09-02.sql
Enter password:
ERROR 1136 (21S01) at line 13: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
[root@server ~]#

does this mean it's now in the forum database or it just didn't update it? Thanks for your help!

forsakenlad

Weird, empty the related database and run the restore_backup.php which can be found here to restore your database :)

Oldiesmann

The original error ("forum.smf_attachments doesn't exist") was due to trying to import only a data dump into an empty database. The second one is because several columns were added to the attachments table in 1.1, and the backup doesn't specify which columns to insert the data into, so there are fewer items to insert per row than there are columns.

Wipe out that installation, re-install SMF 1.0.5, then import the database. Then you can upgrade if you want.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: