News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

how can I craw image on smf latest updates/topic

Started by Xpresskonami, November 18, 2014, 04:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xpresskonami

Help all my wapmasters, please how can I crawl first image in smf updates!

Like the attachment below!

kat

It might be my age... But, I really don't understand what you're asking... :(

ARG01

Quote from: K@ on November 18, 2014, 06:57:44 AM
It might be my age... But, I really don't understand what you're asking... :(

Rest assured, it's not your age.  ???
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Xpresskonami

In the attachment I shared, if you click it. You will see the topic name and the img beside it. How can I do that in smf script.

Arantor

Where does the image come from exactly? Attachments? Images linked in the first post?

Xpresskonami

Yes its the image in the first post. So how can I crawl the first image  into my post to be showing like that in smf.

Arantor

Except you didn't answer my question and therefore we cannot help you...

Kindred

You were asked:
Quote from: Arantor on November 18, 2014, 10:30:45 AM
Where does the image come from exactly? Attachments? Images linked in the first post?

you said:
Quote from: Xpresskonami on November 18, 2014, 11:23:38 AM
Yes its the image in the first post.

but you never actually indicated WHICH of the "image in the first post" options that Arantor mentioned....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Xpresskonami

I don't understand him well. I don't know how I can explain. If you check other software script. If they make a new topic. The default image will display beside the post they make.

JBlaze

I think what he's getting at, is he wants a thumbnail for posts that contain attachments to appear on the board index/recent posts, similar to the way sites like facebook and reddit scrape image thumbnails for media posts.

I could be wrong, but that's what I gathered.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Arantor

If it's attachments, http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1151 is a thing. If it's the first image in the post (that's not an attachment) there's no mod that I know of.

Xpresskonami

Not attachment mod. Am talking about the thumbnail beside the posts.

Arantor

Xpresskonami

Deaks

Xpresskonami, do you still need help with this?

As its been 2 weeks and no bump I have marked it as solved, if you still need help then I would advise looking at a few of Bloc's themes they do as you need.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: