News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Account deletion process modifications

Started by SusanTN, November 18, 2014, 03:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SusanTN

We recently experienced a surge in deletion requests due to some combative members.

Currently the user submits their request, staff have to pm, and wait for a response from the user to see why they are deleting. With the passage of time members were giving bs reasons, but if we had asked them right after they came to the decision to request deletion they would be more likely to be honest about the real source of their problem.

So, it would be nice if when a member requests deletion that there is a reason box that the user has to fill out in order to be able to submit their request.

They should be able to submit their request if they type anything in the box at all.

The reason should appear on the members awaiting approval page. 

While you are in that area of the code, it would also be nice to show the members number of posts on the delete request page. Consider removing email and IP address it's really pointless. As you can simply click on the members name to view the members profile.

ID    Username    Email Address    IP address    Date Registered

To:

ID    Username         Posts              Date Registered         Reason for  deletion

Kindred

this, of course, only matters if you require admin approval to delete accounts...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SusanTN

Would I have asked for the feature if that was not the case? Does the fact that someone doesn't use the feature, make the feature any less important for those who do?

I have 1,374,882 Posts in 133,075 Topics by 14,925 Members, and I can tell you this is an essential feature for me.

Illori

if it is essential, then you should make a mod request as it may be a long time if ever that this gets added to SMF.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SusanTN

This should not be a mod, it should be core functionality.

Kindred

Why?

If it was in such demand, it would have either been made as a mod for 2.0 or people would have been requesting it more often than once in 5 years...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: