News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Changing Path Using Repair_Settings.php

Started by NeedIt, November 19, 2014, 02:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

In theory, yes. Try it.

Just change URLs though. DO NOT CHANGE PATHS.

NeedIt

Okay, I am only seeing two URL's that I would have change in the settings:

The overall forum URL and the theme URL, so if you can think of any more, let me know.

Also, there is no chance I could completely lock myself out of my own forum, right?

NeedIt

Okay, guys, I did the above and I think it worked.  Now the only catch is this.  If I go into Configuration/Theme Settings/Theme Settings Overview, it says:

Theme Directory Templates:  (warning this path is not correct)

Base Path to Themes Directory:  C:\Inetpub\vhosts\example.com\httpdocs\forum\Themes
Base URL to the Same Directory: http://www.example.com/forum/Themes

What I am wondering is if the warning this path is not correct is an issue?  I can't remember what it said before.  I was able to login and post, though, so I don't know how I could that if the Theme Directory was messed up?  Other guys seem to be online and posting, so I think overall everything is okay.

NeedIt

Hope you guys don't mind me bumping this, but I want to make sure I am okay with the above warning message and, if not, what I can do to correct it.  The forum is humming along, so, again, overall things seem great.  But I don't want an underlying issue to sit there festering.  (See above post.)

Deaks

NeedIt do you still need help with this?

I have marked this as solved for now if you still need help please update us to what you have tried
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

NeedIt

Quote from: Runic on December 19, 2014, 10:59:35 PM
NeedIt do you still need help with this?

I have marked this as solved for now if you still need help please update us to what you have tried

I do need some help.  Will gather the details and post tomorrow.  Thank you for asking.

Advertisement: