SMF 2.1 Beta 1 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, November 21, 2014, 12:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Quote from: Kindred on November 21, 2014, 01:55:30 PM
Quote from: Gryzor on November 21, 2014, 01:53:07 PM
, will there be a way to import the data from SMFPacks' Likes implementation?)

not from any official smf source...

Yeah, I imagined that much :) Hopefully the db implementation will be clear enough to allow for some imports...

Oldiesmann

I will likely write such a tool at some point since I use both that mod and their Alerts mod on my site, but it won't be anytime soon.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Gryzor

Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 21, 2014, 02:04:53 PM
I will likely write such a tool at some point since I use both that mod and their Alerts mod on my site, but it won't be anytime soon.

Too bad I can't Like yet :D Thanks, that'll be awesome... Of course I wouldn't expect anything before the final version at least...

shadow82x

Well done developers, as always. :)
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Samker

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

xeon365

Well soon as it has mediawiki and simpleportals working with it, then it will be worth using.

Gryzor

Mediawiki? What do you mean? Implemented how?

Masterd

Congratulations! Yet another huge thing has been achieved.

grafitus

Keep calm and install SMF2.1 Beta. ^^ Congrats!

shadow82x

Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Jacen

That autosave feature is something we've been wanting for a VERY long time... I can't wait for this to go gold and to upgrade our forum to it.
"I've always found that sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems."

Nolt

Great news and as always good work guys.

Acf

Nice :) Responsive layout brings SMF in the future.  I hope the final version doesn't load jQuery from the Google website. It would be a privacy concern to think about. As fas as i know it's also possible to load it from jQuery.com.

Keep up the good work :)
Sigh...

Antes

Quote from: Acf on November 21, 2014, 06:56:06 PM
Nice :) Responsive layout brings SMF in the future.  I hope the final version doesn't load jQuery from the Google website. It would be a privacy concern to think about. As fas as i know it's also possible to load it from jQuery.com.

You can switch to local from admin panel or go custom and load from another external service.

Acf

Quote from: Antes on November 21, 2014, 07:03:56 PM
Quote from: Acf on November 21, 2014, 06:56:06 PM

You can switch to local from admin panel or go custom and load from another external service.

I know, but would be nice if it would be standard. Most People wouldn't bother to change it.
Sigh...

movierchives

Will existing plugins work on this?

TomW

Excellent !  Great work; thank you SMF team !

JBlaze

Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Synergy Hub

I noticed that the "Show Source" button does not change it's look.  It is confusing as to what mode you are in since some of the codes show both ways.  If it became a different image in "source" mode AND the tip changed as to what it means.. it would help a lot.

Gryzor

Quote from: mcblaber on November 21, 2014, 05:50:17 PM
Quote from: Gryzor on November 21, 2014, 05:07:16 PM
Mediawiki? What do you mean? Implemented how?
Probably referring to the Mediawiki integration.

Oh, the auth integration. Ok. I thought there might be something else :)

Advertisement: