SMF 2.1 Beta 1 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, November 21, 2014, 12:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humphr3y

Will do immediately, thank you for answering!  :)

Calaad

Hello,

No more main_block.png in Curve2 or i'm missing something ? It's pure CSS ?

Thank for the work !

Dragooon

Quote from: Calaad on November 24, 2014, 05:14:29 AM
Hello,

No more main_block.png in Curve2 or i'm missing something ? It's pure CSS ?

Thank for the work !
Yeah, we switched to CSS gradients and shadows.

Calaad

I think it's a great choice, thank you one more time !

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

Quote from: Humphr3y on November 24, 2014, 03:17:09 AM
Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 21, 2014, 12:40:06 AM

• A bunch of other stuff!

• Lots and lots of other internal and external improvements!

Thanks a lot for the great work (the new version seems awsome, can't wait to see it out of Beta status)! If I may ask, will there be anything like this?

Seems nice for some type of forums but in general its limiting the usability for some users and that's not really acceptable as core feature.

Dragooon

Arantor

Unlikely to be a core feature in 2.1, though it could be made as a mod more easily with some of the under the hood changes in 2.1 now if I remember rightly.

Kindred

Quote from: Dragooon on November 24, 2014, 07:11:59 AM
Quote from: Kindred on November 24, 2014, 06:41:31 AM
no...
CSS isn't a good choice?

didn't see there was a new page of posts in the darned browser
the "no" was responding to the same comment that you and Antes responded to...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

iaccountant

Congratulations on this milestone folks, and thank you for continuing to improve SMF.

Will register at demo site to poke around.

Apllicmz

Yes nice Work Good News
thank all

vivithemage

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Antes on November 24, 2014, 07:08:47 AM
Quote from: Humphr3y on November 24, 2014, 03:17:09 AM
Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 21, 2014, 12:40:06 AM

• A bunch of other stuff!

• Lots and lots of other internal and external improvements!

Thanks a lot for the great work (the new version seems awsome, can't wait to see it out of Beta status)! If I may ask, will there be anything like this?

Seems nice for some type of forums but in general its limiting the usability for some users and that's not really acceptable as core feature.

The only way I can ever see that being a default feature is if we make it optional (and disabled by default). In general though, I'm not fond of adding settings like that. If you can't trust your users to not abuse their privileges, you probably shouldn't be giving them permission to do that anyway.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Arantor

The idea is to prevent the situation of 'moderator editing post, user editing it back' but there are ways to mitigate this out of the box.

XpatTech

Still got a long way to go but very impressed

SebaS

superj707

Questions:

1. (clearly likes and mentions are smfpacks) If I already have likes and mentions from SMFpacks will I need to uninstall? Will my likes count be preserved?
2.Will current mods still work with 2.0? example, simple portal, ad seller pro etc?
3. is 2.1 responsive? Can I make my current theme responsive?
4. Has paid subscriptions been improved/fixed (since 60% of the time it doesn't auto change group for members who pay)?

Thank you

Illori

the likes and mentions are not from smfpacks and may not use the same database structure as they do.

superj707

Quote from: Illori on November 24, 2014, 04:10:30 PM
the likes and mentions are not from smfpacks and may not use the same database structure as they do.

Oh my apologies. They look very similar to me.
So what will be my situation then? I can't have 2 like's systems running.
Any idea how this would pan out?

Kindred

1- ALL mods will be uninstalled - just like any other major upgrade. There is currently no converter from a mod system to the core system...
2- some may - especially those which use hooks - most mods for 2.0 will likely NOT work on 2.1
3- the curve2 theme in 2.1 is responsive.   This will not apply to any other theme unless that theme is also built to be responsive. Your 2.0 theme will most definitely ***NOT*** work in 2.1 and there is no easy or good way to make it do so.
4- don't know...   you'd have to look at the list of commits. However, I will note that your 60% is specific to you - not to all installations, since MOST systems seem to correctly process the subscription return from PayPal.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: