News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 Beta 1 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, November 21, 2014, 12:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motosimak

the citation of the selected text still will not default and will again put the plugin for this?

Kindred

mostly because it is very difficult to debug and fix when we can't recreate the issue.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cpf

This looks pretty cool.  The back end is much better too.

The ban system looks to be the same.  Is that correct?
Don't email me, PM me, IM me, contact me, look at me, breath on me, or even attempt to think about thinking of contacting me.  If you do, I will send you to the correct forum to post, where I will promptly tell you that you posted in the wrong forum.

agentblackhat

Quote from: Arantor on November 26, 2014, 10:09:14 AM
Yes, but I'm in the category of being SMF staff in the past - and it worked flawlessly for me. I never had *any* problem with it.

If I'd actually experienced any problems myself, I'd have investigated and resolved it - but since I never encountered any problems myself, I could only make improvements in 2.1 where I *guessed* it could be problematic.

There are 'hundreds of posts', from a few dozen users.

I think most just gave up to be honest instead of waiting around for the small chance they would be taken seriously.

Deaks

Quote from: cpf on November 26, 2014, 09:03:58 PM
The ban system looks to be the same.  Is that correct?

Yeh pretty much at most code has been updated but cant recall anything big done to it.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Arantor

Quote from: agentblackhat on November 28, 2014, 03:43:55 AM
I think most just gave up to be honest instead of waiting around for the small chance they would be taken seriously.

They were always taken seriously by me - I just never could find any actual common issues to be fixed.

motosimak

bad that did not make the possibility of default insert an image into text and not as an attachment.

Arantor

Quote from: motosimak on November 28, 2014, 09:39:13 AM
bad that did not make the possibility of default insert an image into text and not as an attachment.

It wasn't deemed important enough, and it's not like there aren't other options available.

motosimak

There are plans for sending messages to users on schedule, with the filter in the last week with a choice of forum section ?

This would allow users to return to the forum if they have forgotten about it :)

Arantor

Nope. There have been mods for this and generally they discourage people from visiting.

Dragooon

Quote from: agentblackhat on November 28, 2014, 03:43:55 AM
Quote from: Arantor on November 26, 2014, 10:09:14 AM
Yes, but I'm in the category of being SMF staff in the past - and it worked flawlessly for me. I never had *any* problem with it.

If I'd actually experienced any problems myself, I'd have investigated and resolved it - but since I never encountered any problems myself, I could only make improvements in 2.1 where I *guessed* it could be problematic.

There are 'hundreds of posts', from a few dozen users.

I don't think you've actually mentioned what features there are which help with managing a large forum? And which forum software implement it if at all?

Kindred

dragooon,

he's complaining that no one takes his complaints about the subscription system seriously.
And, as arantor points out --  we do take the complaint seriously - but if we can't replicate the issue (at all) we can't very well fix it... and the folks who have issues with subscriptions seem to be a significant minority, no matter ho vocal they are.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jmonroe

Awesome job team! About to install it now.

Colin

Wahoo! Let us know how it goes.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

DEK24

Quote from: Gryzor on November 25, 2014, 03:09:08 PM
I don't think Twitter of FB embedding is that useful - it's very, very rare that you'll want to embed a tweet (unless you're running a forum about Twitter? :D ). YT videos, on the other hand... All the time. And I think all major forum platforms support it by default?

My users would love to embed tweets. We gather a lot of news and discussion surrounding it.

Antes

Quote from: DEK24 on November 29, 2014, 12:47:41 AM
Quote from: Gryzor on November 25, 2014, 03:09:08 PM
I don't think Twitter of FB embedding is that useful - it's very, very rare that you'll want to embed a tweet (unless you're running a forum about Twitter? :D ). YT videos, on the other hand... All the time. And I think all major forum platforms support it by default?

My users would love to embed tweets. We gather a lot of news and discussion surrounding it.

You can use http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3837

Herman's Mixen

dont even try to install mods on such an unstable peace of software...
when it has not reached RC or FINAL it is useless to use mods...

even mod authors are not ready for the new stucture in SMF
dont just promote mods wich are not designed for that version.... they maybe work but 95% it wont
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Dragooon

Quote from: Kindred on November 28, 2014, 04:05:28 PM
dragooon,

he's complaining that no one takes his complaints about the subscription system seriously.
And, as arantor points out --  we do take the complaint seriously - but if we can't replicate the issue (at all) we can't very well fix it... and the folks who have issues with subscriptions seem to be a significant minority, no matter ho vocal they are.
I'm still not sure what's wrong with it? I've been using Paid Subscriptions to sell my theme for 3 years and it's been fine.

Kindred

Quote from: Dragooon on November 29, 2014, 05:12:51 AM
I'm still not sure what's wrong with it? I've been using Paid Subscriptions to sell my theme for 3 years and it's been fine.

Exactly....

90+% of the users who use subscriptions do not have a problem.
Some do.
We don't deny that they have a problem.
But we can not replicate the issue -- and their claims that the subscriptions system is broken and "must be fixed, because no one can use it" are hyperbole. We'd love to fix it -- but, if we can not replicate the situation, and it's not a widespread occurrence, how are we supposed to fix it?
Слaва
Украинi

NekoJonez

Will v2.0.x be stopped when v2.1 is out of beta?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Advertisement: