News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 Beta 1 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, November 21, 2014, 12:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antes

damn why I always miss the fun!

YLDRMYGT

Sayfada Türkçe bilen birileri varmı

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

RSI

Quote from: Ρουνικ on January 12, 2015, 01:15:05 PM
also as soon as Dev's implement one request then X amount will complain that their idea's wasn't implemented, so they have to decide what more people are wanting over the thought of 1 person.   End of day if only 1 person asks for a feature, and 25 ask for another then they are likely to more side with the 25 as its more asked for his assumes both idea's are feasible.

God.., are you guys still arguing and/or mad about the In-Line attachments request?

I can assure you that there are a lot more than just 25 people who would like to see it added in v2.1 and if it delays the release, so what?

A lot of people just never come in here and say anything because it makes them feel like they are wasting their time because the response they receive is never pleasant.

Deaks

no no-one is arguing your quoting something from last month when the request was a hot topic ... bravo btw aint you clever!

The figures I used are not literal but more an example!  Shocking you are only person who didnt pick up on that!
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Arantor

QuoteI can assure you that there are a lot more than just 25 people who would like to see it added in v2.1 and if it delays the release, so what?

Because if you keep making that argument, you NEVER release anything, because you're always pushing it out further and further for features.

RSI

Quote from: Ρουνικ on February 06, 2015, 12:06:46 PM
no no-one is arguing your quoting something from last month when the request was a hot topic ... bravo btw aint you clever!

The figures I used are not literal but more an example!  Shocking you are only person who didnt pick up on that!

The request was a hot topic more than a year ago and it went nowhere really fast.

It obvious its never going to be included or ever will be, but that still won't erase the fact people do want it.

Steve

Quote from: RSI on February 06, 2015, 11:02:33 AMI can assure you that there are a lot more than just 25 people who would like to see it added in v2.1 ...

A lot of people just never come in here and say anything because it makes them feel like they are wasting their time because the response they receive is never pleasant.

I'd be interested in knowing how you know that. :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Deaks

Quote from: RSI on February 06, 2015, 02:42:32 PM
The request was a hot topic more than a year ago and it went nowhere really fast.

It obvious its never going to be included or ever will be, but that still won't erase the fact people do want it.

The vocal MINORITY want it, not the majority of people.  This is a concept it seems you fail to grasp.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

RSI

marg edit: Free aggression removed

margarett

So... Enough is enough. Please, move on. Or get a room :P
Every next post about this pointless discussion will be removed. Features request board is right over there, thank you very much :)

Back in topic, please. SMF B1 was released! Yay! ;D
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

WillyP

Installed, (test server) everything looks good... really good..., congrats, and...

A big Thank You to all of you who have put so much time and effort into making this work!

Jacen

I've been using 2.1B1 on a test server for a month now and it works beautifully. Naturally the test server doesn't have any high loads so i haven't tested it under stress.

Quote from: RSI on February 06, 2015, 02:42:32 PM

The good thing about software like SMF is if you want a feature that the devs won't or can't add, mod it in.
"I've always found that sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems."

stmaxx

Don't know if anyone cares what I have to say, but I had the 2.1 Beta one up form the time I saw the 2.1 beta available,
Live on the net, customized 4 themes , working on #5 added a portal and a few mods with no issues, a few errors in the log with, because me.

I feel as I can see it , that its ready! But I'm not a coder and not certain about the security, but seems no good so far.
I don't see any need for any more features at this point, that are really needed. ( this is really what I was try to say all along!
I myself feel that any other changes other than Security fixes, ( if need) should be on a wish list of some sort for the 3.0 Version.
I away though the Beta was for us to use and test real life, before the next step. I mean must other software I test is this way!
Sorry about all the I's but think many would be delighted to see it move on to the next step.

Not sure how many are test it like I am but please speak up if you are!

Looking good to me and thanks for all you do!

regards,
Maxx

Synergy Hub

Just a simple patient question... any ETA on full release? 

We have been holding off on production changes waiting for it to arrive.. and I just need to give the team a clue if possible.

Alan

Deaks

simply no

SMF has never given release dates and never will, I can tell you this though.  It will be finished before SMF 3.0!
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Synergy Hub

8) I'm a firm believer in "it is done when it is done" mindset too.. but I also believe in "this is where we are, and how we are doing" communications.  Even a simple "maybe 2 qtr if all continues as planned" types of messages help a LOT. 

I picked SMF  because it does not change every 10 seconds.. I consider that a good thing.  But I do like a light at the end of the tunnel.. and a guess as to how long far along that tunnel we are.

So let me ask this way... since we are new to SMF..  Historically... Generally.... how long after a Beta 1 is announced has a full release happened in the past.. 

Quote from: Ρουνικ on February 14, 2015, 08:01:44 PM
simply no

SMF has never given release dates and never will, I can tell you this though.  It will be finished before SMF 3.0!

Deaks

for 1.1 it was 18 months
for 2.0 just under 3 years

Its too early to say but more bugs people report or help fix the quicker it will be.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Kindred

Even that estimate would be pointless, because we have a completely different set of developers from the past releases...   Additionally, we are all volunteers, so how much time gets spent on development in any given week depends on what our dev folks are doing on and offline that week.

As runic notes, we never have and never will even give an estimate on a release date..
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Synergy Hub

Thank you.  That helps us a lot knowing that.   Understood totally.

Quote from: Ρουνικ on February 14, 2015, 08:23:17 PM
for 1.1 it was 18 months
for 2.0 just under 3 years

Its too early to say but more bugs people report or help fix the quicker it will be.

Advertisement: