News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 Beta 1 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, November 21, 2014, 12:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Quote from: Suki on February 21, 2015, 02:01:04 PMWhen you are mentioning someone it will always show the current display name that particular user has so you can't really chose a past username because it won't show up.

The question is though ... someone posted @ Suki yesterday but today you change your name to Amaya ... what shows in yesterday's post? Suki or Amaya?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Suki

It will show Suki, thats for performance but it is relatively easy to make SMF to always show the updated name if you wish to do so, of course if you don't mind the performance hit on your server.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

margarett

It's like when you quote.
If you quote me now you'll get "margarett". If I change my name to "SportingAllez" ( ;D ) you will still find a quote by margarett ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Steve

Thanks for explaining it, both of you. :)

Mstcool

Oh, I totally forgot about the member ID thing. Thanks for the explanation, everyone! :)

Mr. Jinx

The mention mod (@user) seems to be extremely popular. It's the only thing people test on my demo forum and we have seen quite some posts about it in this topic.
Just release SMF 2.0+ with mentions build in and everybody is happy for the time being ;-)

Steve

A lot of us don't need/use it so why create a major release in between the established version and the one being worked on. Just add it yourself. :)

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=mention

Deaks

Quote from: Mr. Jinx on February 24, 2015, 02:53:35 AM
Just release SMF 2.0+ with mentions build in and everybody is happy for the time being ;-)

I wouldn't hold your breathe, 2.0 is feature frozen and only security updates are being done.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Steve

Oops ... hard to tell sometimes. ;D

Stüldt Håjt

Is here a board or a topic where I can give feedback about the 2.1? Support or bug report boards doesn't sound appropriate for it.

Steve

If you're not talking bugs then SMF 2.1.x Support seems to me to be the place. If not, they'll move it and let you know differently.

DEK24

Any time table on releasing full version of this?

Dying to get a responsive theme.

Bigguy

Nope, no release date is ever put out for any version of SMF.

DEK24

Quote from: Bigguy on March 04, 2015, 12:05:32 AM
Nope, no release date is ever put out for any version of SMF.

Not even ballpark? 2015?

Arantor

No, not even ballpark. Consider that the team is made up of volunteers doing it in their spare time. Their real lives always come first.

Steve

Having been a member for 6 and a half years, I'm surprised you would even ask that. :P ;)

DEK24

Quote from: Steve on March 04, 2015, 08:42:55 AM
Having been a member for 6 and a half years, I'm surprised you would even ask that. :P ;)

I don't think it's out of the question to inquire.

DEK24

Quote from: Arantor on March 04, 2015, 12:55:32 AM
No, not even ballpark. Consider that the team is made up of volunteers doing it in their spare time. Their real lives always come first.

I understand that and realize work gets done in waves which is why I donate annually. However I'm assuming you'd at least have some sort of goal/target for achieving this.

If you don't wish to release that info publicly I guess it is what it is. You should be able to answer this though. How long was 2.0 in beta before full version?

Suki

2.0 and 2.1 are 2 different things with 2 different overall goals and the time spent on 2.0 cannot be realistically used to measure 2.1.

Internal goals are just that, internal, never meant to be made public as that causes a lot of undesired effects.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Advertisement: