News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

What do the colored squares next to a forum post represent?

Started by flyingpython, November 21, 2014, 03:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingpython

Hi, next to every SMF post there are the poster's user details such as username, member type and status like newbie. Directly underneath are some colored squares which can vary in number up to 5.

I believe the number of the squares represents the number of posts the user has made in some way. And it is relative to other users as I only have a few users on my test site and only one users has a post made but already has 5 squares?

And what does the colour of the squares represent?

Thank you for any help you can give ;)

Arantor

The colour of the square is attached to the group the user is in.

For instance on this forum, you've made 1 post. On a default installation, 1 post puts you in to the Newbie group (less than 10 posts I think it is, could be wrong), and that's one yellow pip. Higher groups have more pips.

On a default installation, 5 red pips for administrator, 5 blue pips for global moderator, 5 green pips for board moderator and 1-5 yellow pips for post counts.

This is all configurable in the admin panel; here for example my badge (SMF Friend) is configured through exactly the same system attached to my group (SMF Friend)

Steve

In other words, you can replace those squares with nearly any image you want and set the quantity you want to show. :)

(yes, Arantor, I know that's what you said :P )
DO NOT pm me for support!

flyingpython

OK thanks guys for the answers, now I'm that little bit more knowledgeable than before ;)

Advertisement: