Moving SMF To A Subfolder

Started by adkaush, November 21, 2014, 05:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adkaush

Good day guys,

I created a forum (on the root of my domain) about two weeks ago and I already have about 30 users and a lot of discussions are going on. I just needed to move the forums to /forum folder.

I followed the discussion on this page: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=529727.0

But the repair_settings.php file that gets downloaded is zero bytes and has nothing in it. How can I just right click and download this file? Click on the link does not help and downloads a blank file :/

There is no antivirus software or firewall on my computer. Even the Windows Defender is turned completely off.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

margarett

There is an issue with the download of the tool. I'll nudge our site team
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

adkaush

Thanks margarett,

In the meantime, would it be possible for you to upload the file on any free uploads server and provide the link? I'm just desperate to get my forum up :)

Would appreciate your help!

Regards.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

adkaush

You are my hero on SMF forums :)

Thanks a lot!

adkaush

Ok I downloaded the file and uploaded to the /forum directory where I moved all the smf forum files and folders to.

Ran the file (domain name is indian vapers .com <- plz remove the spaces if you wish to check).

On running the file, I do see the repair settings options but there are a couple of errors in the repair_settings.php page ..

Paths & URLs

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 557

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 559

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 563
for="cachedir">Cache Directory:   
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 569

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 569

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 575

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 586

Would appreciate some help in understanding what these errors could be. Thanks!

Edits:

And, the admin is still not accessible .. keeps showing the "Page not found" 404 error page.

Do you think this could be caused by the Pretty URLs mod?

Here is the server error log if that can help me with anything ..

[21-Nov-2014 05:08:32 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  require_once(/home/indiana/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/index.php on line 51
[21-Nov-2014 05:08:32 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/indiana/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/index.php on line 51
[21-Nov-2014 05:12:21 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  require_once(/home/indiana/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/index.php on line 51
[21-Nov-2014 05:12:21 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/indiana/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/index.php on line 51
[21-Nov-2014 05:28:32 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  require_once(/home/indiana/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/index.php on line 51
[21-Nov-2014 05:28:32 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/indiana/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/index.php on line 51
[21-Nov-2014 05:42:26 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  require_once(/home/indiana/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/index.php on line 51
[21-Nov-2014 05:42:26 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/indiana/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/index.php on line 51
[21-Nov-2014 05:45:12 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 557
[21-Nov-2014 05:45:12 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 559
[21-Nov-2014 05:45:12 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 563
[21-Nov-2014 05:45:12 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 569
[21-Nov-2014 05:45:12 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 569
[21-Nov-2014 05:45:12 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 575
[21-Nov-2014 05:45:12 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 586
[21-Nov-2014 05:48:30 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 557
[21-Nov-2014 05:48:30 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 559
[21-Nov-2014 05:48:30 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 563
[21-Nov-2014 05:48:30 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 569
[21-Nov-2014 05:48:30 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 569
[21-Nov-2014 05:48:30 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 575
[21-Nov-2014 05:48:30 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/indiana/public_html/forum/repair_settings.php on line 586

Someone please help booohooooo :'(

lol .. really need some help guys .. At least please give me a hint, what could've gone wrong. Thanks :)

The problem now seems that all links are going to a 404 Not Found page. Can't even login to the forum. Should I try clearing everything from the cache folder? Should I also delete the index.php file in the cache folder?

Please advice.

At this point, I feel like installing the forum from a totally new point.

Should I delete and do a fresh installation in the /forum subfolder and then just upload the database file that I had backed up before creating this trouble?

Posts merged - Iris.

Burke ♞ Knight

For crying out loud... 6 posts from you, starting at 05:41:03 AM
and you are impatient for a reply????

Do not forget, everyone here does what they do on a VOLUNTEER basis, on THEIR time.
You, just like everyone else, has to wait. Deal with it.

adkaush

Well, I'm not screaming on anyone or trying to be rude, I'm just desperate. Sorry if that offends anyone here but my purpose is to solve the problem and yeah I may have gone berserk with creating posts but again, didn't mean to be rude or an attention seeker. Everyone has their own way of dealing with anxiety (I don't have a way, just like talking to myself) lol.

Thanks for your input brother.

Kindred

rule of thumb

--   do not "bump" a post in less than 24 hours.

--   do not "demand" help... especially not after just 5-10 mins.

We understand that everyone's site is important to them. However, sleep, food and things outside this site and outside the internet are important to us...   and we are all volunteers. We are not online 24/7 -- and at 6am EST, you are less than likely to get quick responses.
most American's are asleep or just getting up.
Most Europeans are in the middle of their normal work-day (and this site is not our job)
Most Asians are probably eating dinner
etc....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

adkaush

Ok thanks .. you guys had all the time in the world to lecture me but couldn't give even the smallest possible hint. Hey I understand, who am I? Just another newbie idiot, right?

For anyone else running into this problem, just uninstall/delete the whole installation, reinstall SMF in the /forum sub directory and just import database. If you still run into any problem, just run that repair_settings.php file and fix all the paths/URLs.

Thanks for all the help margarette, adore you!

Regards.

Kindred

for your information...   you don't have to uninstall or reinstall or import anything.

just MOVE the files and then run repair_settings.php

As margarett already posted in the thread that you indicated that you read.   
Yup, there was a glitch in the repair_settings download...   but margarett already resolved that for you....

and yes... your issue was almost certainly related to the prettyurls mod. No offense intended to the author of that mod... but it causes more issues with more things than any benefit I have ever seen from it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: