My forum's down

Started by discjocke, November 21, 2014, 12:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

discjocke

After speaking to my host techs regarding separating the forum from my host account so it can independent, I was told it would be okay for me to remove my forum folders from within file manager. I removed them and now getting
404 - Not Found
The page you are trying to access does not exist.
If this error persists, please contact the website webmaster.

I need help to get it back: ukraine-english-news.com/forum

Kindred

your host told you that it would be OK to delete the forum files?

no. never.

Hopefully, you have a backup that you can restore...   if not, you will have to put back a clean set of files and then reinstall any mods or themes.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

discjocke

I just replied to them and told them I was given wrong info. I'm gong to have to see IF I can find a back-up. I know I did couple of weeks ago, but not sure if I still have it. I'll look in my computer files. This sucks, as Ukraine is a hot issue currently and that's what it's based on. Thanks.

Kindred

Please do note that the forum has two parts -- and you need BOTH.

Forum files control the display - the stuff that you see (e.g. the web pages)
Database controls the data - the content- the stuff that fills the web pages
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

discjocke

I just looked through my downloaded files in computer and can only see upgrades, but not sure if it'll show back-ups. That would have to be within the forum itself I believe. Not sure. This really stinks.

discjocke

Host restored it at no charge for their error. Thanks.

Advertisement: