Want to remove my SMF from my host website account

Started by discjocke, November 21, 2014, 02:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

discjocke

Just had issues when trying to remove my SMF forum from my website account and was told to remove forum files from within file manager. I did it and it shut down my forum (no access). They restored it at no cost. I just did a back-up.

What would be the procedure to remove it from host and restore the backup so I'm not longer in my website host account. Is there any manual on how-to?

I'm having "MySQL Database size exceeded!" issues and recently upgraded but don't want to upgrade again as it's too expensive.

Any suggestions?

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

wait...      what do you mean by "remove your forum from your website account"? ??

A forum MUST live on a webserver....   which means that - on any standard host - it will need to be "on your account".

If you are getting database size errors, then you need to get a better host.
How many topics/messages/users on your forum? Who is your host?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

discjocke

Siteground is my host.

I recall, before I ever had a website years ago, I had the forum on its own, if I recall.

Kindred

it may have existed on a DIFFERENT web account...   but the forum REQUIRES a website/server to work.

you can not have a forum without
file
database
website/server

and, although you COULD access the forum by IP, you really should have a domain name as well.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: