News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Semi-missing post "The message body was left empty".

Started by Cassey, November 21, 2014, 07:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassey

Something weird is happening on my forum, at least with one post: http://asic.usertalk.info/index.php?topic=58.0 [nofollow]

This was posted back in June and received a lot of views.  I recently went to reference it and noticed it was blank, except for my signature at the bottom.

Tonight I went to try and figure out what happened, thinking it might have been related to some hard drive problems I had awhile ago (corrupted raid group).

To my amazement, if I click the "modify" buttom, the text reappears!  However, when I try and save I get the subject message.  Preview looks fine, just can't save it.

Max post size is set to 200,000 characters, so that isn't it (Word tells me its 2113 words).  Tried cut and pasting into Notepad and reposting as a new thead, same issue.

Any suggestions?

Kindred

probably related to mod_security from your host...

or bad characters because your forum is ISO while the data is UTF-8
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Cassey

Not a lot of mods on the system: http://puu.sh/d0r2X/3a87faa925.png [nofollow]

Took the post, pasted it in Notepad.  Saved, opened, cut and pasted it back into SMF, same problem - so don't think its character set related.  As, it displayed fine for many months.

Cassey

Chas Large

Check the characters in the subject line. I've had instances where they have become corrupted so that the database can't save the post.
Have you done any database maintenance? Perhaps the tables need checking via PHPMyAdmin?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Arantor

Can you modify the post, copy it and paste it into a new post here please?

Advertisement: