1and1 forced me to change PHP version from 5.2 to 5.5 now I get strange messages

Started by Topman, November 22, 2014, 05:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topman

My host forced me to switch to a newer version of PHP from 5.2 to 5.5 otherwsie I would be charged a fee each month for supposed "extended support"

So as they recommended I switched all my domains to php 5.5 versions and now IO get this message abobe my forum banner:
"Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/21/d424618090/htdocs/brand-newhomes.co.uk/forum/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3"

Does anyone know what I need to do to get things back to normal?   it looks serious.

Irisado

I'm pretty sure that 1.1 won't work with PHP 5.5, so that would explain the problem.  If you want to stay on 1.1, I suspect that you'll need to find a different host with a lower PHP version.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Topman

Thank you for the quick reply.
I've been thinking of upgrading to SMF2 for a while now would this version work on PHP5.5?
I've just changed it to PHP 5.4 and all is well with that version of php.

kat

Westwegoman

Quote from: topman on November 22, 2014, 05:52:05 AM
I've been thinking of upgrading to SMF2 for a while now would this version work on PHP5.5?

As K@ said, yes... it will work. I use 1&1 and have all of my domains on PHP5.5 with no problems on my 2.0.9 forums.

Advertisement: