When we see 2.1 beta 1 in package parse

Started by Rumpa, November 22, 2014, 09:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

;D (I too have done mod approvals :P)

It is a *very* good thing my gallery is not being reviewed by the SMF cust team. It would likely be very scary. Between my code and the getID3 library I added, there are 158 PHP files, 45634 lines of code (not count 6478 lines of comments or 7715 blank lines)... good luck reviewing THAT :P

Fools rush in... hell yes >:D

Night09

Quote from: Arantor on November 22, 2014, 07:51:05 PM
;D (I too have done mod approvals :P)

It is a *very* good thing my gallery is not being reviewed by the SMF cust team. It would likely be very scary. Between my code and the getID3 library I added, there are 158 PHP files, 45634 lines of code (not count 6478 lines of comments or 7715 blank lines)... good luck reviewing THAT :P

Fools rush in... hell yes >:D

Then your perfectly qualified to check those bigger mod submissions ;)

Arantor

And have been known to check even some of the very scary mod submissions. Have even been known to review paid mods with... interesting... reactions.

Rumpa

Mods maker at least wait until RC not release before upgrading their mods. And most of mods useless with this beta.
This version of SMF huge difference in its templates.

Arantor

You have clearly never been a mod maker going through this process before. I did this last time round. Trust me, I do actually know what I am talking about here.

Antes

There won't be a new theme in RC period... Most of the beta modifications probably work perfectly with RC versions and gold.

Arantor

That wasn't even what I was talking about. I remember the whole fandango of divs/h3/h4, titlebg, catbg ec changing every single RC. I had to change mods every single RC to cope with this.

Antes

Quote from: Arantor on November 23, 2014, 06:01:01 AM
That wasn't even what I was talking about. I remember the whole fandango of divs/h3/h4, titlebg, catbg ec changing every single RC. I had to change mods every single RC to cope with this.

which is also not gonna happen because cat_bar / title_bar / sub_bar / button / roundframe / windowbg/2 / half_content are really good established CSS classes in SMF 2.1.

Arantor

live627

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=profile;u=183330

^^ doesn't indicate a battle-hardened mod veteran. Do you have any history in writing mods that date back to 2011?

Arantor

live627

Arantor

Ahhhh, $context is a wonderful thing ;D

I am genuinely curious to see how much of my gallery breaks when I finally brave trying it on 2.1... beyond the templates there is a *lot* of shenanigans that I expect to see get broken.

Advertisement: