Upgraded to PHP 5.6.21 in WHM...now all SMF Forums will not work.

Started by courtneystanley, November 22, 2014, 05:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

courtneystanley

Searching for help......even tried loading a new install, and it won't work either...any ideas??

Night09

What was the previous version and have you got backups of the databases?

Illori

SMF has not been tested with php 5.6 we do not know of any issues and any fixes that may be required. you are best sticking with php 5.5 or lower.

margarett

My xampp runs MySQL 5.6.20 without any issues...
What do you mean with "don't work"? Details are always handy ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

That said, there is nothing I'm aware of that would cause PHP 5.6 to choke on SMF... error log would be useful at this point.

courtneystanley

Thanks for the reply.....I am running 6 Forums all SMF 2.0 and one old geezer at SMF 1.1 ....as soon as I installd the PHP upgrade on WHM...THey all crashed.

Just for giggles I tried a clean Instyall on one Forum and i could not access the Installer ??

WHM says once you go to 5.6 you cannot revert back to a lower version.

JBlaze

Quote from: courtneystanley on November 22, 2014, 09:15:54 PM
Thanks for the reply.....I am running 6 Forums all SMF 2.0 and one old geezer at SMF 1.1 ....as soon as I installd the PHP upgrade on WHM...THey all crashed.

Just for giggles I tried a clean Instyall on one Forum and i could not access the Installer ??

WHM says once you go to 5.6 you cannot revert back to a lower version.

SMF 1.1.x will NOT work on PHP 5.5 or higher. That said, we will still need to see any error logs from the server as to what may be causing the issue.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

LiroyvH

As Arantor pointed out... PHP 5.6 != mySQL 5.6.
You must be confused with something else. (I don't think there even is a PHP 5.6.21? Last I checked the latest is 5.6.3.)

EasyApache (the script in WHM that allows you to compile Apache + PHP) does not even support PHP 5.6. PHP 5.5 is the maximum, and you can downgrade to 5.4 or 5.3.
If you're using CloudLinux, I do believe it'll allow you to use PHP 5.6: but then you can still select to use an older version of PHP.

If you upgrade to mySQL 5.6, you indeed cannot downgrade to mySQL 5.5... (Or lower.)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

margarett

SMF 1.1 will not work in PHP > 5.5

I'm sorry, are you sure you're referring to PHP 5.6.21? I don't find any .21 release on php.net

Anyway, I just installed PHP 5.6 and I still can install and run SMF 2.0 and SMF 2.1

So we still need to now what do you mean with "doesn't work"...

edit: ninja'd :P

courtneystanley

no recent entry into the error log ..but there was a string of entries at the exact time i changed WHM in the Cache

and yea MySql...duuuh!!
settings in PHP MyAdmin :
Database server

Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
Server type: MySQL
Server version: 5.6.21 - MySQL Community Server (GPL)
Protocol version: 10
User: root@localhost
Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
Web server

cpsrvd 11.46.0.17
Database client version: libmysql - 5.1.73
PHP extension: mysqli Documentation

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

courtneystanley

Thank you all who tried to help me.....I began to smell a rat as we talked and i rebuilt Apache. Voila !!.....   all is good.!!

Crazy...crazy...crazy....craaaazeeee!!

Advertisement: