[Help] Some questions regarding SMF [Help]

Started by thepro1711, November 23, 2014, 06:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepro1711

I'm really thankful to SMF to provide millions of people like me to get their forums online. I've recently installed SMF on my forum and they are working badass with Cloudflare.
I do have some questions, I just want to get answers of them.

1) Is there a possible way to integrate my SMF forum with Mantis Bug Tracker which is installed on my forum? So that all the users don't have to make a new account for Mantis bug tracker?
Link of my forum - rpg-sars(.tk)  || Link of my mantis bug tracker - http://rpg-sars(.tk/mantis-bug-tracker/)

2) Secondly, is there a way to get a page? I mean like we have :

I wanna add a IRC page on it, and many others. Do we have a mod for that? I'm not able to find one for my forum...

Waiting for your reply,
Your's sincerely
Shikhar aka RocK

Kindred

While there has been a bridge to mantis, it's never been the most stable thing... And I am not sure if it was ever released.   If you can't find it (it is not available here) then I think you will have to have someone build it for you.

Adding a PAGE or adding a LINK in the menu?

The second one is pretty straightforward... There is a FAQ in the wiki/manual on how to add a button to the main menu.

The first one... Adding another service inside a forum page is much more complicated..
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

thepro1711

1) I wanna know where I can find that bridge, as I'm not able to find it.

2) Neh, I wanna make a page( a HTML ) Page in which I can type some random HTML/BB Code etc.

Arantor

1. The bridge that used to be here was never released precisely because it was not stable.

2. There's no facility built into SMF directly for having that, but several of the portal mods can do so. Not sure about then adding them to the menu though.

margarett

For 2. there is the custom actions mod that allows you to do just that ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

Except, I don't think that the custom actions mod allows coded pages...   Does it?   Someone else seemed to be having issues with doing that,
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

what do you mean by coded pages? custom actions mod does allow html, bbc, and php pages/actions to be created.

thepro1711

Yay! Thanks for that custom action thingy.

Now, I just want to know about that Mantis to SMF bridge, anyone?

Arantor

It has not been released and doesn't work properly in any case.

Advertisement: