Own posts are new (caching issue?!)

Started by Steffo, November 23, 2014, 05:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steffo

Dear smf community,

I'm using the 2.0.9 version with APC caching and it seems that I've a caching issue.

Issue
I write a new topic and this one is in the overview as well new for me.

What I did so far

• seched the forum, but couldn,t find a proper solution.
  • I disable caching unter server preference and it solves the issue.

My question
Is it possible to fix this? I would like to use this APC caching.

If you need more information, let my know.

Best,
Steffo

Kindred

some explanation on what you mean by this would be a useful start....

Quote from: Steffo on November 23, 2014, 05:21:42 PM
Issue
I write a new topic and this one is in the overview as well new for me.

it is not clear to me what your issue actually is, since this sentence makes very little sense...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steffo

Sorry, I'm not a native English.
I'll try to explain better.

On the forum main page you see all sections (sub forums). I've anybody writes I new post or open a new topic, in one of this sections, this section is marked with the symbol for new posting. So for any reason I see this symbol after I published my own new topic or own new post on the main page. Then I've to open my own thread (post) again for removing the new post symbol on the main page. It's feels weird that the forum informs me about my own new topic / post, cause I should know that I write something new. *g*

I hope it's more clear now. If something is missing don't hesitate and let my know.

Best,
Steffo

Steffo

Really no one with an idea how to fix this?

Arantor

Let me guess, you have your profile set to 'return to topic after posting', yes?

In which case, the front page icon will not update because that only updates when you enter the board (not a topic) for performance reasons.

This is a design limitation of SMF, it is not a bug.

Steffo

@Arantor
No the other way around. I didn't activate this but i tried this now and the issue is gone! That means my own posts are no longer new at the main page. The reason is, now I enter the thread / post directly after I wrote them. I can't imagine that this works as designed.

If it's really like this, I'm wondering if I can activate this by default for every user?

Best,
Steff

Arantor

Wait, what?

The main page should only be triggered as updated if you enter the board itself...

Steffo

It works like I said. I've to read my own post "again" for marking it as read at the overview. With overview I mean the mainpage, where I see a subforums. With your suggestion (return to topic after posting) I do this now automatically. So it works in a weired way...

Is there a way to activate this for every user at the forum?
Or is this still another mistake in any configuration or even a caching issue?

Arantor

It's not a caching issue. I don't think it's a configuration issue since there isn't anything configurable on this one.

Mods installed?

Deaks

Steffo, is it only you that is getting this issue or is it everyone on your forum?

I have marked this as solved for now, if you still need assistance on this issue please update us on what you have tried.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: