News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Unable to edit/create categories

Started by PANIC12, November 23, 2014, 05:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PANIC12

Hello.

On my site, I am unable to create categories or modify old ones.

I get this error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /smf/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This is a new install. Not really sure whats wrong. Happens on the default theme.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

PANIC12

Still not working. Contacting the host next.

Thanks.

Arantor

Hang on, there is a patch available that we're experimenting with that might fix this.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=529761.msg3760761#msg3760761

Try the attached mod, see if it fixes your problem.

Kindred

whoops... thanks Arantor. I forgot about that....   I think we need to update the wiki
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Bear in mind the patch only fixes the add new category/edit category code, not generically all mod_security problems ;)

PANIC12

Arantor

@Kindred: I think we're getting more evidence that this patch is working :)

Kindred

Yup... a few more confirmations and I'll suggest that it gets put into 2.0.10
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: