406 not acceptable for core feature settings save

Started by snayeem101, November 23, 2014, 11:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snayeem101

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I got this error when want to save core feature sections. I tried to solve most causes but still same results. I was create a .htaccess file ,phpinfo.php , index.php permission set. My forum running on mochahost. I also tried to install manually- there have also same problem to running on installation. Cause of this i installed it by the auto installation mode. SMF version 2.0.9 .Whats the reason for it and how can i solve it?

Kindred

Probably related to mod_security, possibly related to Wordpress, if you happen to be running Wordpress on the same server.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

snayeem101

There has no word press blog. I bought a new hosting for my forum only. Exactly mod_security how it works?

Arantor

mod_security s a component of Apache that tries to 'protect' your server from attacks, except it does it in a very naive way and is not necessary to protect SMF since SMF is quite capable of protecting itself.

I've never heard of mod_security breaking on the core features page though, this is new.

snayeem101

I contacted with mochahost support center. But they can not give any solutions. still the same problem. What can i do now? Please help he. Its urgent.

Kindred

I don't know what is triggering the 406, but your host is either stupid or lying...  Because they are the only ones who can turn off or reconfigure mod_security
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

snayeem101

Advertisement: