How do you put a banner or Youtube video right under the nav bar, above boards?

Started by platinummack, November 24, 2014, 12:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

platinummack

Hi , here is my forum

I wanted to know what "Div" section in what file, I would have to add content into(html, youtube embed code or a banner) so that it appears in the area right above the boards but below the Nav bar.
I used firebug and that class or section is called the "Navigate_section". I want to know how to remove
the wording Maaximum Seduction VIP forum and instead in that area put a huge ad banner or youtube video. Thanks.

Arantor

Good luck with that.

Well... if you go to any topic, you would get Forum Name > Category Name > Board Name > Topic Name, and this is built up partially in Load.php, and partially in each section you go into, and displayed inside index.template.php (and sometimes called elsewhere too)

It's not as simple as just changing one thing, and putting a huge obnoxious banner there would look, well, obnoxious.

platinummack

I just want the banner on the index page, don't care to have it shown on each category, post, board, etc

So based on this, do you know where I would put it.

There must be some div, with an echo that is Writing the Maaximum Seduction VIP forum phrase which is my forum's title within the MySql, so that must be the div that I hypothetically can work with?

Arantor

Yes, but that's the problem... the same routine is called in ALL cases. It always goes through template_linktree() in index.template.php on every single page. Change it there and that changes ALL of them. Even on all the unrelated pages.

And no, you can't mess with the forum title the way you're thinking, since the forum name is used in a bunch of places, not least email notifications.

Advertisement: