News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Theme issue

Started by b0mbardo, November 24, 2014, 08:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0mbardo

I have no issues installing themes at all but the issue is that if I am in my forum and click on home...that pages theme never changes(index.php) and I cant seem to figure out how I am suppose to update that page as well to the theme I want...gotta be something simple I just cant remember so help a brother out if you could! :o

br360

Are you trying to change the theme for just you or make it default for everyone?

For just you- Profile>>Look and Layout>> Where you see Current Theme:, find the change link to the right and pick the theme you want to use.

For making the new theme default for everyone-

Admin>>Themes and layout>>Overall forum default: (pick the theme from the drop down list you want everyone to now use)

b0mbardo

QuoteAre you trying to change the theme for just you or make it default for everyone?
tried both but no dice on the home page!

kat

Let me make sure I've got this...

Whatever theme you or your members use, when you go to the homepage, you all get switched to a different theme.

Is that right?

Does your homepage happen to be a portal? IF so, I suspect you've set the portal to use a specific theme...

Simple Portal, for example, in it's "General settings" section,, has "Portal Theme". If you've set that to use a specific theme, that's what it'll use.

b0mbardo

AH HA! Yes and no, Everyone will get the same theme but YES I use simple portal and that is the page that has the old theme! Thank You Thank You Thank You! I would have been stewing over this for an etenity!

kat

WoOt! Glad to be of service. :)

Advertisement: