News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

$$Urgent Help Needed $$ Need Advice $$

Started by snayeem101, November 25, 2014, 11:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snayeem101

I need some advice from expert. I have some questions-

1. How to check security for forum ?I want to confirm that my forum has good security.
2.How to create a new page and add with the top menu? Is it permit to edit help page? I want to remove help page content and turn it to  about us page .
3. is Forum Firewall mod enough for protect the forum? I do not see the tag lines protected by forum firewall in my forum.

4.Which mods must be installed in my forum?

Thanks for advance

Deaks

snayeem101, sorry no-one replied in a month

1. If you using a good host, keep your forum uptodate then you will be secure, and use strong passwords.
2. Their are a couple of mods that can add a new page for you and so can a few of the portals, to remove help have a read at this but its advised not to try and alter it to be an about us page, will cause you soo much nightmares.
How do you add custom tabs to the Core (default) theme menu?
3. No you need a combination of questions and other methods no one mod will prevent spammers
4. Personal choice their is no MUST INSTALL mod, purley up to what you need.

I have marked this as solved if you need more help let us know.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Illori

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Burke ♞ Knight

I'd say one reason why this post was ignored for so long, is due to the title:

$$Urgent Help Needed $$ Need Advice $$

That is not a very good title to use for a post, as most people look at the titles, as a way of choosing what post to look at, due to the reason each person knows some things, yet not others. We all look at the titles, looking for something that falls into what we know.

Advertisement: