News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Is this how you upgrade your theme without breaking your forum?

Started by platinummack, November 25, 2014, 12:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on November 25, 2014, 05:44:26 PM
Actually, we have recent evidence of more stupidity at godaddy "security" which may result in files being deleted as they are uploaded from FTP....  So, if you try to upload from FTP and stuff fails, try the godaddy file manager which seems to be the only thing that works for those sites
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

platinummack

My forum's gone. I was able to upload the missing files, the upgrade went through, it said, you have been upgraded successfully and now when you go to the url of my forum, it says can't find the forum and redirects me to Yahoo Search. ????

Arantor

The upgrader put you in maintenance mode while doing the upgrade but because it didn't go perfectly first time, it didn't take you back out of it.

In Settings.php, you will see a declaration of $maintenance = 2; change it to $maintenance = 0; and it should work.

platinummack

Arantor it did come back, but it didn't force the 2.0 default theme. It is still using the black and white theme which was only comp with 1.1. and it is all broken. I can't access the admin panel to edit it. Any ideas.

platinummack

Actually I figured it out .

I simply put www.mydomain.com/viplounge/index.php?theme=1 and it put the default theme all intact. i can now edit it modify it as I please. Thanks a million guys.

platinummack

Have an issue

I can't perform any action like create new topic. I can browse topics, posts, members, log in/out of admin
but can't create poll, new topic.

I get this error message

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/m/a/a/maaxseduction/html/viplounge/Sources/Post.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/m/a/a/maaxseduction/html/viplounge/index.php on line 359

platinummack

I figured it out. Was missing subs_post.php and post.php. Now it is working. I had to upload it via GoDaddy File mgr from upgrade folder to my viplounge/sources folder. It was missing.

Kindred

I will repeat it one more time........

Quote from: Kindred on November 25, 2014, 07:24:12 PM
Quote from: Kindred on November 25, 2014, 05:44:26 PM
Actually, we have recent evidence of more stupidity at godaddy "security" which may result in files being deleted as they are uploaded from FTP....  So, if you try to upload from FTP and stuff fails, try the godaddy file manager which seems to be the only thing that works for those sites
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: