Upgrade from 1.1.20 to 2.0

Started by njsuperglide, November 25, 2014, 11:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njsuperglide

I am currently running 1.1.20 is there a way to upgrade to 2.0 without breaking it or should I install 2.0 as a new installation and have my users re-register for an account?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

meitzi

Quote from: Kindred on November 25, 2014, 11:59:28 PM
.http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

Perhaps it's lack of my skills with english, but i couldn't find even a hint if there is any chance of success without breaking database or theme

Arantor

You will need a new theme. The upgrade should preserve everything in the database though.

Kindred

basically - per the link...

you back up files and back up database
then you upgrade IN PLACE - overwriting your old installation.

And yes, you will need new theme(s) and new mod(s)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

meitzi

Thank You!

I have a theme that is made by forum users and they like it too much for me to replace it. But no worries, 1.1.20 is working more than well enough so i will just keep on the 1.1.xx versions.

Kindred

Be aware that 1.1.x will be unsupported when 2.1 final is released.  It is already close to end of life.
Слaва
Украинi

meitzi

yeah, i will. It's not too crowded forum, or even public, so we will just keep with last version and see how far we get with it. I haven't been exactly a good admin with it anyhow and just upgraded from 1.1.14

Illori

also keep in mind if your host upgrades php to 5.5 your forum will stop working and you will need to upgrade to 2.0 if you want your forum to continue to work.

Advertisement: