News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

New Post icon

Started by Isa.F, November 26, 2014, 07:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isa.F

Hi!

I'm not sure if you are already helping in this questions. I'm testing this beta version in my computer, and I cant find a way to change de New Post icon in the boards (like the attached picture in this post). I can see the other images in the images file, but not this New Post Icon.

The only image I can find in the files, is the one that I also a atteched in this post, one that has the name "boardicons" but it is an image that includes several icons in the same image... I'm confused...

Is there a way to change this icon?

Thank's, and sorry for my english...

Arantor

If you look in Themes/default/images/boardicons.png you will see the 4 board icons.

Changing the size would also require changing the following in Curve 2's CSS:
div.icon span {
background: url(../images/boardicons.png) no-repeat 0 0;
display: inline-block;
width: 45px;
height: 45px;
}
div.icon span.board_on {
background-position: 0 0;
}
div.icon span.board_on2 {
background-position: -45px 0;
}
div.icon span.board_off {
background-position: 0 -45px;
}
div.icon span.board_redirect {
background-position: -45px -45px;
}

Kindred

specifically -- most images and icons in 2.1 are done using what is called "Sprites"

this means that (in this case) the icon used in a specific space is defined as one specific "slice" from an image which includes all 4 variations of the image -- which "slice" is displayed depends on the defined CSS container

So - instead of on.gif, on2.gif, off.gif and redirect.gif -- we now have a single image with all four variations -- and the CSS for the "block" defines which one is actually displayed on the site
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Indeed, and I have no regrets over changing this, either ;)

Kindred

oh, heck no...   no regrets and no issues from my view - sprites is the way to go for standard icons, in general.

fewer files, smaller archives, etc...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Fewer files, smaller archives, faster loading, at a cost of making customisation a touch harder.

Kindred

hmmm....   dunno about "harder". I'd say, rather "different"

It definitely takes a little more thought "up front" so to speak, but applying updated images to the spites and to the site is pretty much the same.
Слaва
Украинi

Antechinus

Are you making a pack of  PSD's available? Beginners are often a bit bamboozled by sprites. PSD's with guides already set up would make things easier (or .xcf for GIMP).

Arantor

No PSD exists for the main sprite; I don't know if Gary has one for those icons though.

I didn't see any point in making a PSD or XCF out of the fact that all I did was copy/paste out of the Fugue set...

Advertisement: