News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Admin error message

Started by lc62003, November 27, 2014, 12:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lc62003

All areas within the ACP are accessible.  The issue arises when saving the settings.  This is the message:

Token verification failed. Please go back and try again.

It's worth noting this happens with FF 33.1.1 but does not in IE 11.0.14.  IE saves the settings fine.  Does anyone have suggestions?   8)

Illori

where exactly are you getting this error? some more details are required. are you going back to a page and trying to save it again? if so that will no longer work with 2.1, you need to refresh the page first.

stmaxx

So Far No errors, no warnings and nothing in the log.

What's in your error log?

I'm having fun with this and it's doing great so far, and started testing themes again, and no errors there either.

Emulation seems to be working fine also, but remember, no mods yet!

Still Beta! :)

BTW using FF Browser!

Looking good on the user end... and thanks  SMF!

lc62003

Quote from: Illori on November 27, 2014, 06:02:44 AM
where exactly are you getting this error? some more details are required. are you going back to a page and trying to save it again? if so that will no longer work with 2.1, you need to refresh the page first.

It happens in any ACP page.  No, it happens the first time I visit.  If it matters one way or another, FF is configured to dump all cookies and history when closed, so each time it's opened should be a fresh start. 

I'm happy to provide any and all details, just not sure which ones will be important.   ;)

Quote from: stmaxx on November 27, 2014, 07:22:54 AM

What's in your error log?

Nothing in SMF or server logs. 

Illori

very strange. i cant duplicate this at all.

stmaxx

I'm up to version 34 on Firefox and no issues at all, you may want to check your FF settings and clear the cache or deactivate your add ons for FF and see what happens, this real does not sound right, what it doing for you??

Some have too many tools bars on the Firefox , also causes problems. !

lc62003

Quote from: stmaxx on November 27, 2014, 01:19:16 PM
I'm up to version 34 on Firefox and no issues at all, you may want to check your FF settings and clear the cache or deactivate your add ons for FF and see what happens, this real does not sound right, what it doing for you??

Some have too many tools bars on the Firefox , also causes problems. !

The only add ons I use are Colorzilla and Web Developer.  It happens on my home machine, office machine (different location), as well as FF on my Android.  Still, I will test the add ons tonight.  Thanks guys.  Anyone have further thoughts?

Illori

are you using the 2.1 default theme curve2? no other theme will work with 2.1. 2.0 themes will cause this issue.

lc62003

Quote from: Illori on November 27, 2014, 02:34:50 PM
are you using the 2.1 default theme curve2? no other theme will work with 2.1. 2.0 themes will cause this issue.

Yes.  Would it be worth replacing all the theme files?

lc62003

Turns out the answer is "yes".  I replaced ALL files with fresh install.  One must have gotten corrupted somehow.  It fixed the issue.  It's very strange it only happened in FF.  Just my luck.   :D

Thanks for the help everyone.   8)

lc62003

I have spoken too soon.  The site is producing the same message again.  This is a completely vanilla upgrade.  Any help is much appreciated!

lc62003

Quote from: K@ on November 30, 2014, 06:45:05 AM
For what it's worth (Probably very little)...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?as_q=&as_epq=Token+verification+failed+Please+go+back+and+try+again

Actually it may indeed be worth something.  After several pages of reading this popped up:

http://elkarte.spudsdesign.com/community/index.php?topic=742.0

Disabling APC is working so far.   That said, I'll give it more time before clicking Solved.   :D  Thanks K@.  That may be it.

kat

Fingers crossed... :)

I'll mark it as having been solved, for now. You can always reopen it, if required. :)

horisize

I get the same message when trying to make any changes, including adding new/moving boards and categories.

sky23

Quote from: lc62003 on November 27, 2014, 12:25:48 AM
All areas within the ACP are accessible.  The issue arises when saving the settings.  This is the message:

Token verification failed. Please go back and try again.

It's worth noting this happens with FF 33.1.1 but does not in IE 11.0.14.  IE saves the settings fine.  Does anyone have suggestions?   8)

Same by me now for a few month, but with all Browsers! All i tried, and it was a lot...not working to solve. And here the "ghost part": Like magic...after a period of time the amount of errors in the Admin button section seems to disappear, but sure followed with new ones...have a look at that....

Advertisement: