News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Accessing uploaded documents and avatars

Started by jvter, November 27, 2014, 04:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvter

Hi.
I want to be able to access and display the uploaded attachments and avatars in an other website, written in Classic ASP. I can see that the encrypted names, real names and extensions (and some more information) are store in a table called smf_attachments. Anyone an idea how I can do this?
Regards.
j

Deaks

hi jvter this isnt as easy as it sounds, and is not really advised for security reasons.  As you havent bumped this I have marked this as solved if you want more on this then please ask.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

jvter

Indeed, no reaction at all indicates it is more difficult then I thought. To bad, If someone could tell me how to do that in php (I know nothing at all of that) it would be nice. So I may have to rephrase my question: How can I access and show the avatars in an other page not belonging to SMF (on the same website). I could use an iframe in the classic asp page to call the php implementation.
regards,
j

Arantor

It is still hugely complex to do from outside SMF to be honest. And using iframes is likely to go badly for you...

jvter

Why is it so complex? It can be done in smf, so it should be possible to extract the needed code somehow.......The bad thing is I do not know enoughof php to dot it myself. How does smf manage it to show the avatar?
Regards,
j

Kindred

php versis asp are very different.

If you were using php, it is fairly simple -- we have designed SMF with hooks, variables and SSI.

However, you are trying to do it in ASP...  which means that you are going to have to re-write a TON of SMF's php code and convert it into ASP.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

And even outside SMF in raw PHP is difficult enough.

Advertisement: