News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Not acceptable error?

Started by levely, November 27, 2014, 11:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

levely

I just created a new forum and when I go to Modify Boards and then press the category (modify) button, I get this error. What could be causing this?

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Kindred

This is a problem with mod_security...
It's a host issue with having misconfigured their system...  However,

There is a list around here which contains a potential fix for it... (Use search?)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

levely

Searched for heist issue, no results.

levely

Quote from: Kindred on November 27, 2014, 11:28:01 PM
This is a problem with mod_security...
It's a heist issue with having misconfigured their system...  However,

There is a list around here which contains a potential fix for it... (Use search?)

Are you talking about the patch?

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Kindred

sorry...  darned autocorrect. I meant "host" not "heist". :)

And yes, NanoSector has pointed to the wiki...  but the Wiki has not been updated to include the possible patch yet.
\
Now that I am back to a real computer, I found the patch post...
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=529761.msg3760761#msg3760761

Try installing the attachment there into the package manager, like any other mod... and see if that solves your issue.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Yup, all indications seem to be that that patch does actually fix the issue that hadn't been an issue for best part of a decade until mod_security decided to flag ;cat and/or cat; in the URL.

Kindred

Side note: Wiki is now updated to suggest using that attachment patch.
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on November 28, 2014, 09:31:02 AM
Side note: Wiki is now updated to suggest using that attachment patch.

and you ask for feedback from the users... but dont tell them where to provide it.

Advertisement: