News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Forum broken - can't log on

Started by Jon Manning, November 28, 2014, 07:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Manning

Hi

Two days ago a forum member reported that they couldn't log on to the hxxp:iaebp.com [nonactive] forum. Everything was working fine as far as I could see but eventually I tried logging off as admin and promptly got shut out with the
QuoteDatabase Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
message.
It appears that most of the functions still work - though I'm told that members cannot post now. Certainly, if you log out, you can't get back in.

I upgraded from SMF 2.0.8 to 2.0.9 yesterday, after this started. No difference afaik.

My host has looked at the database - it seems ok.

What do I do next please?

Jon Manning

Oh, and I've never made any mods, just customised the theme a bit three months ago when I started.

There is only one back up file 2014-11-26_before_smf_patch_1.tar.gz which I thing agrees with the above.

kat

Your host must be great, to just say that the database "seems" OK...

Can you look at the error-logs, in your site's CPanel? You might get some clues, there.

No recent backup to restore, I guess?

Illori

can you go into phpmyadmin and do a repair on all the tables? this may help somewhat.

Jon Manning

I've got the error log from the server - lots of the same bunch of 'file does not exist' statements since the beginning.

I wasn't aware of a problem before 26/11/14

However since you say that I can repair tables in phpadmin, I carried on looking - with some help from Google - till I found it: /2_log_floodcontrol crashed. Now repaired and we're back in business.

Thank you both for the pointers. Back up next.  :)

Advertisement: